1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by macedonianhero, Jan 26, 2014.
First

Back
65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
Next

Last
  1. gammarayson

It worked sometimes, but was very fussy about the fit. If not far enough then no sound in one channel, but also if I pushed in too far in the same. Either one channel only, or both channels but apparently just in mono. Mostly if I fiddled around, I could get it right, but now whatever I do, I can't get it to work properly. I've tried reversing the cable, and fitting it to both right and left ear cups  but same problem. As I say, no problems with the Chinese cable.

2. Blinxat
    I don't know if it is because I had a late 2015 v1 but I can't tell much difference if any to the v2. Also no efficiency or volume difference. But I only tried it at the store.

But in general I would say the sig is the same.

3. Waski

To hear the biggest difference, you need to first solid burn in v2, after about 40-50 hours of listening the sound changes significantly in compare to new ones.

4. Ondicol
    Hey guys

First of all, I don't have any knowledge over amps, impedance, etc

At this time I plug the phones to an audio interface (a Komplete Audio 6) which is connected to the computer
    I'm very happy with the sound quality now, but sometimes I have to crack up the volume knob more than I would expect to get a loud volume on music

Could an amp improve both sound quality and loudness of the headphones? or just loudness, considering I use that interface already?

I record a lot of guitar stuff so I need the interface, but is it convenient to add and amplifier to my setup to improve sound on the headphones?
    Does that make any sense, or would it be a money waste?

Thanks and sorry fr my english :)

5. ABRAXAS5150
    Still have no interest sorry guys.

6. Mink
    Thanks for the update. Keep us informed.

7. nrbatista
    I recently sold my H6, 1st gen, but kept the cable I had bought for them from FAW, a 2.5 meter Copper Series HPC Mk2 (AWG20).

I will enter the classified soon for someone interested.

8. Dexter22
    I thought you were trolling !!

9. Mink
    Me too, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt...It may well seem he liked to share his thoughts with us, and I appreciate that [​IMG]

10. Blinxat
    I bought the v2's now anyway. Will listen for a couple of days before looking back at v1.

11. Freetrademan
    QuantumPion- The PM-3 has very good bass, but more it's more natural and neutral overall. But if you're a basshead, get the new H6. The bass is ridiculous. I swear, it sounds like they added a sub in there somehow. Same advice for "treble-heads": get the H6. It has fantastic highs, too. It's just not as realistic and balanced overall. 

12. Blinxat
    I don't like that the new one has tweaked mids in the wrong way.

13. nrbatista
  14. Blinxat
    Screenshot_20160717-235607.png

This EQ almost fixes the colored vocals. It is funny that I had to take away some db in the 400hz region, around 300hz was the region that previously lacking in the v1. It appears they over compensated

15. Dexter22

If you don't mind what is your source?

First

Back
65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
Next

Last