Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Apr 5, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #766 of 2,875
Yes 1st gen use black cloth (natural model) and green cloth (black model), 2nd gen uses silver cloth and black cloth respectively. Also, at least for a while, if its on sale, its 1st gen. 2nd gen only has 2 special edition colors for now, blush same as 1st gen (gray and burgandy-ish) and cocoa brown

Did you get a chance to A/B 2nd gen, after burn-in, with burn-in current SE (Blue Stone, Bronzed Hazel, & Graphite Brush)?
Curious how do you know they are not 1st release of 2nd gen driver/design, before normal 2nd gen is released, or there is also 1st and 2nd gen SE, but has same outside design?
Since 2 of SE are still selling in Beoplay US website, along with new 2nd Gen, and 1st Gen refurbished only.

I was able to A/B my after BI Graphite Brush with 1st gen demo (assume well BI, since it is been there for awhile) in store with my iPhone, early in the morning right after they open so there is only me in the store with zero background music, Graphite Brush does have slight more and thicker bass compared with store's demo 1st gen.

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #767 of 2,875
I never got a chance to demo the se versions 1st or 2nd. however, someone on this post arly on that demo'd all of them, stated that there are 3 different signatures with the 1st gen alone. standard, se, and dj khaled versions all have a different signature. And apparently according to early reviews the 2nd gen has a slightly modified version of the 1st gen standard signature, so that makes 4 differents sigs! And who knows if the 2nd gen se also has a modified sig which would be 5 total.

I wish someone like innerfidelity would do comparisons of at least the 1st and 2nd gen, if not the se versions as well, to see the differences in signature. B&O say there is no difference, but early reviewers all say otherwise (they all say signature and impedence has improved according to their tests)

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #768 of 2,875
I never got a chance to demo the se versions 1st or 2nd. however, someone on this post arly on that demo'd all of them, stated that there are 3 different signatures with the 1st gen alone. standard, se, and dj khaled versions all have a different signature. And apparently according to early reviews the 2nd gen has a slightly modified version of the 1st gen standard signature, so that makes 4 differents sigs! And who knows if the 2nd gen se also has a modified sig which would be 5 total.

I wish someone like innerfidelity would do comparisons of at least the 1st and 2nd gen, if not the se versions as well, to see the differences in signature. B&O say there is no difference, but early reviewers all say otherwise (they all say signature and impedence has improved according to their tests)

Just want to point out, there is significant different on my SE before and after 40hrs burnin, so if anyone demo brand new unit with fully burn-in unit, it is just not fair.
My SE before BI is both without too much bass and rough edgy mid-high. After 40 hrs burn in, bass increase significantly both in volume and impact, and mid become very very sweet.

My point is there is no conclusive evident current SE are 1st gen or 2nd gen driver/design, or could there be actually 2 version of SE, one with 1st gen driver and one with 2nd gen driver, but with same outside design.

We simply don't know either way, hence SE is not necessary 1st gen.

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #769 of 2,875

Just want to point out, there is significant different on my SE before and after 40hrs burnin, so if anyone demo brand new unit with fully burn-in unit, it is just not fair.
My SE before BI is both without too much bass and rough edgy mid-high. After 40 hrs burn in, bass increase significantly both in volume and impact, and mid become very very sweet.

My point is there is no conclusive evident current SE are 1st gen or 2nd gen driver/design, or could there be actually 2 version of SE, one with 1st gen driver and one with 2nd gen driver, but with same outside design.

We simply don't know either way, hence SE is not necessary 1st gen.

I noticed the same with my Standard First Gen. :) I am sure the sound changed after around 40 hours for me too. During this period I never listened to the headphone. It was in my wardrobe doing the BI! So its not placebo!

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #770 of 2,875
Used these for about 2 hours before returning them. The lack of bass using them straight out of my ipad playing spotify premium files was off-putting. Loved the design and comfort though. Very sleek.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #771 of 2,875
Used these for about 2 hours before returning them. The lack of bass using them straight out of my ipad playing spotify premium files was off-putting. Loved the design and comfort though. Very sleek.

Running h6 of my xperia tablet I had similar impressions, however paired with onkyo dp-x1 is another story, they are simply awesome. So far I havent found other cans, regardles of price, to better b&o, well with the exception of lcd xc.

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #772 of 2,875

I listening to Spotify premium almost exclusively now, and when I use H6, it is either straight out of MBPr or iPhone. Both sounds great with clean quick impact bass to satisfied my need, specially with jazz, like Chet Baker and others. 
wink.gif

If you get it as new, 2 hrs is definitely not enough for H6 driver to loose up. I did ~40 hrs straight, see my previous post in this thread.
Wish you had keep at it for at least 2 days of BI.

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #774 of 2,875

Yeah, thats quite normal. Though they are made for portable devices, I found them to working well only with portable devices with a higher power amp. They work well with my low budget-good sounding Xduoo X3 (higher gain)but with my iPhone and iPad they sound thin. Since I found the midbass to be bit missing, I believe, these would match well with a FiiO x3 Gen 1 which felt to have a midbass emphasis. I sold mine, but I am curious if someone tried this combo(I know the soundstage will be narrow in that)?

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #775 of 2,875

I thought that at first with my H7. I burned them in for about 2 days, just listening to my usual music. Now the H7 are my favorites, so far. They don't have super thumping bass, but enough so that I can enjoy the music for a long time without ear fatigue. I've ordered the H6 because I was so impressed. I'm going to reserve judgement until a day or two of burn-in. I did order a small amp to test with them just in case, but I'm hoping I won't need it that much.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #778 of 2,875
Yes, I am sure if I had given them some more time bass response may have improved. I bought a pair of T70p's which I much prefer overall - apart from the looks which are very hard to top.

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #780 of 2,875
  Yes, I am sure if I had given them some more time bass response may have improved. I bought a pair of T70p's which I much prefer overall - apart from the looks which are very hard to top.

Amazon review is not too hot for T70p, actually is worse than T51i it replaced. 21% 1 or 2 stars. Unbalance sound, breaking up on one side, dry, cold, no bass... from these 1 or 2 stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back