Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by macedonianhero, Jan 26, 2014.
  1. k4syx
    None that I'd be aware of. Even Ali returns no matches :D

I guess the reason is simple: H6 is known (I wouldnt risk "popular") here, on head-fi. But considering the price and the whole market: its not. Beats are popular enough to be counterfeited. Some cheap Sennheiser models - yes. But think of it this way: when was the last time when you saw someone wearing these in the streets? (window reflections do not count :))

2. kukkurovaca
    I'm positive there would be good aftermarket pad options if the pads didn't have a proprietary bayonet-ring style attachment system. This also probably contributes to expense of replacement OEM pads.There's nothing wrong with the attachment system functionally, but since you're not likely to be regularly pad-swapping, it doesn't serve much of a purpose.

It's not impossible -- Dekoni just put out pads for the HD800, which are radically non-standard. But I don't know if there's enough interest for someone like them to do the same level of work for the H6. And if they did, it probably wouldn't be much cheaper than the Rapha pads were.

3. mrmorpheuz
    What’s up with the size of the headband?

I am a mostly happy H6 ii owner, but even on the smallest setting I sometimes wish for a slightly smaller (read shorter) headband, because the earcups tend to sit a little low...

Something that has not been a propblem with any other headphones so far. Are they just larger than other brands? Or is this something that could be fixed?

4. kukkurovaca
    You can bend the headband a little if you need to, which might or might not help in this case depending on the overall proportions of your head. You can also try adjusting the angle at which you wear them -- shift it so that the headband is sitting a little forward or back. This should effectively change the height of the earcups.

5. Michial
    After listening several hours straight I love these but my ears ache. I’ve taken them off for a few minutes every hour to let them rest(my ears) but they always seem to pinch the tops of my ears.

6. kukkurovaca
    Try tucking the tops of your ears inside the earpad. That's the fit that usually works best for me. (Although I'm using the Rapha pads which are a little bigger.

7. Michial
    So I take it this isn’t an isolated issue with these pads. I wish the Bose QC35 or Sennheiser 598 fitting and feel we’re on these.

8. DarwinOSX
    The Bose are crazy comfortable....

9. Michial
    These get very loud. The iPhone 8 Plus with its dongle and built in dac does a fine job. I like loud music and have maybe hit 80 once and turned it back down right away.

10. Michial
    The Bose are comfortable but don’t capture the crystal treble and openness and imaging of the instruments. They’re more comfy and convenient and no wire. It’s always a compromise it seems.

11. DarwinOSX
    Yeah the Bose are in a different class as noise cancelling cans. I like to have several kinds for various reasons.

12. DarwinOSX
    Loud is one thing thing sound is another and is usually not enough power.

13. Michial
    Yeah probably true. With that issue and the fact my ears don’t fit well in these tiny circular cups and hurt all day, so as much as I grew to appreciate the sound on these H6’s I’m going to have to look for sound elsewhere. Thanks for all your help with them.

14. DarwinOSX
    Sure. They are kind of an odd fit. Like a donut on your ear but the sound is really good.

15. Michial
    That it is. Awesome sound but the poor fit kills it for me. I’m going to focus on my AirPods. They work best for my simple and busy lifestyle. Using wires today was no fun. I hate wires. But I mainly listen to podcasts and talk radio at work with a little music here and there so no biggie. Enjoy the cool headphone hobby.