Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs - A Newer & MORE POWERFUL Sith Lord Emerges??
Dec 1, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #166 of 432

Ok. So it's really a waste of time then. lol Just put them on and listen & wait? lol 

Yup, there will be no difference if you listen to them for 5 hours straight out of the box or if you listen for 5 hours after burning them in. Discrepancies between identical models will have a greater impact on sound such as how not all Beyer T1s sound the same

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #168 of 432
Measurements would say otherwise, 99% of "burn in" is the listener getting used to the sound, otherwise known as compromising to deny buyers remorse LOL.
Most if any at all changes in sound come from the first 10 minutes, even then the difference is hardly audible, but of course there will be audiophiles drenched in snake oil telling you that you need 200+ hours of burn in....

AKG K702 didn't need burn-in?

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #170 of 432
AKG K702 didn't need burn-in?

No, innerfidelity even tested it and it has been measured in another source as well. The sound signature of the original k701 series was very different and jarring which introduced a completely new type of sound for the "hifi" crowd that many were not familiar with. I'd say that is the reason for the supposed burn in

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #171 of 432
Quick question for those who has already received their HD598c. Can be mic be mute while using it with the PS4? Or would i need to get another mic cable which has that feature?

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #172 of 432
  what is this burn in everyone is referring to Im confused. 

Like when you buy a new catcher's mit, or car, you're supposed to "break it in", like get it ready for action by actually using it. Burn in is the same thing, but for headphones. 

This is the GREAT DEBATE here on Head-Fi aertus. Some will tell you that headphones won't sound good unless you burn them in (aka hook 'em up to a music source and just let them sit there) for HOURS on end. Some say like 20 hours is enough. Others say 200 is their minimum before they generally hear a difference in quality. The other "side" of the argument will say that's all fantasy and the REAL reason why headphones sound better after being "burned in" is because what actually happens is your brain/ears start to "get used" to the sound signature of your headphones, and it has nothing to do with burning it in. 

Though in my OP I stated I gave my Cs' about 24 hours of burn in time before starting the review, I'm now at a point where I no longer plan to do burn-in. I'm starting to agree more with the side that says it's just a matter of your ears actually getting used to the sound and nothing at all to do with how much burn in time you put in. 

Hope that helps!

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #173 of 432
  Quick question for those who has already received their HD598c. Can be mic be mute while using it with the PS4? Or would i need to get another mic cable which has that feature?

No clue Blurry. I wouldn't even recommend using the in-line remote cable. For best sound, you should get the braided 4' cable or else the non-braided 4.5' one. Many of the more wiser people here on Head-Fi say in-line remotes are known to introduce a mild but sometimes noticeable amount of distortion into the sound, so I stay far away from them. lol

Hope that helps! 

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #174 of 432
Yea, i want to get one that doesn't have an inline mic and looking at the one you bought, the cable costs 3 bucks but shipping it to Hong Kong costs more than the product through USPS First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope and i don't even know when i'll receive it. 

I guess i'll look for a standard cable somewhere here in Hong Kong

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #175 of 432
  Yea, i want to get one that doesn't have an inline mic and looking at the one you bought, the cable costs 3 bucks but shipping it to Hong Kong costs more than the product through USPS First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope and i don't even know when i'll receive it. 

I guess i'll look for a standard cable somewhere here in Hong Kong

Oh you're in Hong Kong?? Ok. Maybe try a different shipping option then??

Ok. Try taking the name of the one on the Redco site (non-braided) and check around your local stores. Or consider the braided one instead perhaps? Last night the non-braided one came loose during listening, but I pushed it back in 'til it snapped and it was fine. IF that keeps happening (it might but might not), I might return it and just get the braided again. We'll see. I just don't like braided cables. lol

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #176 of 432

Like when you buy a new catcher's mit, or car, you're supposed to "break it in", like get it ready for action by actually using it. Burn in is the same thing, but for headphones. 

This is the GREAT DEBATE here on Head-Fi aertus. Some will tell you that headphones won't sound good unless you burn them in (aka hook 'em up to a music source and just let them sit there) for HOURS on end. Some say like 20 hours is enough. Others say 200 is their minimum before they generally hear a difference in quality. The other "side" of the argument will say that's all fantasy and the REAL reason why headphones sound better after being "burned in" is because what actually happens is your brain/ears start to "get used" to the sound signature of your headphones, and it has nothing to do with burning it in. 

Though in my OP I stated I gave my Cs' about 24 hours of burn in time before starting the review, I'm now at a point where I no longer plan to do burn-in. I'm starting to agree more with the side that says it's just a matter of your ears actually getting used to the sound and nothing at all to do with how much burn in time you put in. 

Hope that helps!

yeah definitely more likely that its just your brain get used to the sound signature. Once you brain gets used to it you can pick out all the difference. The whole burn in and leave it to play for however long sounds like ridiculous to me and a bit obsessive compulsive. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #177 of 432
  yeah definitely more likely that its just your brain get used to the sound signature. Once you brain gets used to it you can pick out all the difference. The whole burn in and leave it to play for however long sounds like ridiculous to me and a bit obsessive compulsive. 

Yup lol.........................but there's always SOMEONE on here who will disagree with you. lol

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #178 of 432

Oh you're in Hong Kong?? Ok. Maybe try a different shipping option then??

Ok. Try taking the name of the one on the Redco site (non-braided) and check around your local stores. Or consider the braided one instead perhaps? Last night the non-braided one came loose during listening, but I pushed it back in 'til it snapped and it was fine. IF that keeps happening (it might but might not), I might return it and just get the braided again. We'll see. I just don't like braided cables. lol

The cheapest shipping to HK is 3.50. It's still pretty cheap but god knows when it'll arrive. There's a crap ton of cables on taobao, but i'm not sure how long they'll last or what quality they would be. Maybe I might go to a Sennheiser store in HK and buy the OG HD598 cables.

Let me know if it does fall out again so we may all avoid it in the future

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #179 of 432

The cheapest shipping to HK is 3.50. It's still pretty cheap but god knows when it'll arrive. There's a crap ton of cables on taobao, but i'm not sure how long they'll last or what quality they would be. Maybe I might go to a Sennheiser store in HK and buy the OG HD598 cables.

Let me know if it does fall out again so we may all avoid it in the future

Ok you can try that too. 

Will do. I will be using it again tonight or this weekend, so look out for another post by me by or before Monday. 

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #180 of 432
By the way. Anyone use these while commuting? I plan to use these at home and on the go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back