Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs - A Newer & MORE POWERFUL Sith Lord Emerges??
Nov 25, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #76 of 432
My BF HD598Cs hás been shipped out, will received then by monday. Cant wait :)

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #77 of 432

You're very welcome Senn!!

Veiled? Recessed highs? Yuckk........sell that thing off already! lol 

Oh God.........PLEASE don't buy the M50x. I owned that for a short while a couple years ago. Out of the 8-10 headphones I've auditioned extensively, they were the WORST by far. Unless you LIKE awful soundstage, compressed & overly bassy sound? lol Felt like I was listening to music inside a tiny bubble around my head. And I mean that in the WORST way possible. lol You DEF made the right choice with the Cs. Just let them arrive, sit back, and enjoy! lol 

And you can uncross your fingers. They WILL be great all-rounders lol...........................................

I've never had a chance to do a meaningful audition of the M40/50/x, but since it is just raved and raved about on Amazon and elsewhere I had always kept them in mind... however I never could bring myself to pull the trigger for one reason or another, partly because I have seen others express the same sentiments that you do.  I do not like bass heavy or compressed sound, hence why I have all open-back models -- I have some Audio-Technica headphones which have proven to be decent values, but I prefer the Sennheiser sound in the mid-range budgets (below $250).

In any case, looking forward to receiving these.

That's cool. 

That one does look good too. The HA-2 was given "2015 Award Winner" status & a 5-star rating by What Hi-Fi, which is like my go-to reviewer. ...

Haha, What Hi-Fi was one of the main reasons I bought the (veiled) Fidelio M1 as they rated them best portable headphone under $200 the other year.  However, from what I've seen there apparently are purposeful variations in sound tuning/drivers between the European and US versions due to cultural preferences (I have the US model), with the European versions having the sound I am guessing I would prefer based on descriptions.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #79 of 432

I've never had a chance to do a meaningful audition of the M40/50/x, but since it is just raved and raved about on Amazon and elsewhere I had always kept them in mind... however I never could bring myself to pull the trigger for one reason or another, partly because I have seen others express the same sentiments that you do.  I do not like bass heavy or compressed sound, hence why I have all open-back models -- I have some Audio-Technica headphones which have proven to be decent values, but I prefer the Sennheiser sound in the mid-range budgets (below $250).

In any case, looking forward to receiving these.

Haha, What Hi-Fi was one of the main reasons I bought the (veiled) Fidelio M1 as they rated them best portable headphone under $200 the other year.  However, from what I've seen there apparently are purposeful variations in sound tuning/drivers between the European and US versions due to cultural preferences (I have the US model), with the European versions having the sound I am guessing I would prefer based on descriptions.

Senn, 

If you want a good laugh, check out the comments under Amazoff's awful review on Amazon. lol My cousin lightforce and I both commented. 

Trust me, you made the right call. lol

Oh ok. I didn't know that. I knew What Hi-Fi is based in the UK though. I'll keep that in mind for the future though. Thanks. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #80 of 432

That's cool. 

That one does look good too. The HA-2 was given "2015 Award Winner" status & a 5-star rating by What Hi-Fi, which is like my go-to reviewer. And the HA-2SE again is slightly better.

Another option is the XDuoo XD-05. It's half the price of the HA-2. Some say it's better than the HA-2, while others say no way. lol It's not as sleek/portable as the HA-2 too, but still not bad size-wise. I think Massdrop has it too. 

Well lemme know what you decide then. You won't need bass boost with the Cs. I did with my old AKG K550 MK II, but Cs has slightly more bass (in a good way, very subtle). So maybe it would just be best to choose between the Black and the Red since they're even more portable and you won't have to carry a second device in your hand. Obviously Red is the better of the two (per What Hi-Fi) vs. the Black, but up to you (read both reviews, esp the Red's). The Red also gets even louder too, though uses up a bit more of your phone's battery. One big plus with the Cs is that its sensitivity is high and impedance is very low (only 23 ohms), so both the Black and the Red should give you MORE than enough ampage/volume. Don't necessarily need the Oppo for that. 

Thanks. In that case, I think then I will save some money to buy a DAC and AMP for later, something like the Schitt.

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #82 of 432
you know where these headphone even worth the msrp amazon was asking for? 150 dollor price decrease is pretty big I wonder if the huge drop in price isn't a big deal because it was never worth that money to begin with? 

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #83 of 432
  Thanks. In that case, I think then I will save some money to buy a DAC and AMP for later, something like the Schitt.

Ok cool. 

I actually just remembered that I did try the Schiit Fulla (lol). Despite what they said, it did NOT work with my Android phone. I wouldn't recommend them for phone use, just PC I guess. So you may wanna reconsider. lol

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #85 of 432
I saw your review on amazon LOL. I spent tons of money this week, having a hard time deciding on whether or not to buy them for $100 
ph34r.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #86 of 432
  you know where these headphone even worth the msrp amazon was asking for? 150 dollor price decrease is pretty big I wonder if the huge drop in price isn't a big deal because it was never worth that money to begin with? 

aertus, 

I could not disagree more. lol Remember, this WAS a Black Friday event. The HD 598 SE were $150 about a year ago and then for Black Friday Amazon also took half off (so total was about $80) as well. And the 598/598 SE are both pretty well-regarded

You STILL got like 4 hours left. Just sayin'. lol See my earlier post for the accessories. I got the non-braided cable and that case. Non-braided cable just came in today. Buh-bye braided. lol (Note: I notice that although the non-braided cable has the groove/indent on it for "twist and lock", it doesn't actually lock into place, but it does snap in at least. I'm fine with that, but braided does lock in place. Up to you on how to proceed.) 

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #87 of 432
  I saw your review on amazon LOL. I spent tons of money this week, having a hard time deciding on whether or not to buy them for $100 
ph34r.gif

LOL Yeah I just pasted it there too. Already got a couple very positive comments on it. lol 

Man......you know what my opinion is. You got about 3 hrs 45 min left. You and aertus need to get on this already. (See my one recent post on the accessories.) I didn't even bother with the warranty since it was so cheap. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #88 of 432

LOL Yeah I just pasted it there too. Already got a couple very positive comments on it. lol 

Man......you know what my opinion is. You got about 3 hrs 45 min left. You and aertus need to get on this already. (See my one recent post on the accessories.) I didn't even bother with the warranty since it was so cheap. 

Here in Mexico, the sale was on the 598 SE, not the CS. The price is about $ 89.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #90 of 432
Wow.... bought yesterday, I will receive this afternoon....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back