Bang for the Buck 2.0 or 2.1 Options?
Nov 15, 2008 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jonathanjong

Headphoneus Supremus
The usual recommendations seem to be Audioengine A2 and Logitech Z10 for 2.0; Acoustic Energy Aego M, Klipsch Promedia, and Logitech Z2300 for 2.1. So, it looks like ~$200 hits the sweet spot. What do you think are the best bang for the buck 2.0/2.1 computer speakers? What do you think about this list here?

Nov 15, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 8
i'm using aego m and they're pretty sweet.

Nov 15, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahman67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what'll you be using the speakers for?

x2

Personally at $200 right now I'd point to the non-deluxe M-Audio Studiophile BX5as at B&H Photo for $150. Thought they fell between the two Audioengine models and very high bang for buck. They are designed for monitor use though so signature is accordingly.

Not sure prices locally for you or shipping from B&H.

Nov 15, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #5 of 8
LOL. I'm not thinking of buying anything at the moment. But I'm thinking of speakers for music. I don't really play games and I prefer to watch movies with headphones on. (I prefer music via headphones too, really...) Was just curious what the "usual suspects" were. So, the M-Audios should be on the list, then.

Nov 15, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I prefer to watch movies with headphones on.

I think in my five years on this site you're the only other person I've ever heard say that.
popcorn.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #8 of 8
^ I should prolly explain. I don't have a TV, so I mostly watch movies on my MacBook. My 13-inch MacBook. And I generally watch alone, usually with others in the room or nearby. I don't mind playing music via speakers because everyone can enjoy it, but hearing a movie without watching it tends to be annoying. That said, I suspect I might like movies with headphones for another non-social reason: I can hear everything (esp. dialogue) clearly, thanks to the isolation provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back