Ballet-Fi
Nov 5, 2008 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone here into ballet? I find ballet interesting. I've been to 2 ballets and find them intriquing. I love classical music so naturally ballet music has lead me to the fine visual art of ballet. Anyone here a ballet fan?

chewie0ol.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 8
I'm a professional ballet dancer. People always talk about how great my posture is. I spend most my time stretching and practicing my ballet poses.

But I think maybe when I say I am a professional ballet dancer you may get the wrong idea. I don't actually get paid money to dance and my only audience is myself when I am looking in the mirror.

Anyhow I think I am going to do some really cool poses while I listen to swan lake.

Sorry, bad joke.

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 8
Ballet study is as important as martial arts. The disciplne is mind blowing. It's amazing how incredible shape the dancers are. I too will try some basic ballet exercises.

chewie0ol.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 8
I have seen some really amazing ballet - we have a locally aired program called "classical arts" that public broadcasting stations across the nation (or world?) air and it's a medley of 2-10 minute clips of all sorts of dance, music and film presentations/performances.

I'm thinking about doing some ballet stuff soon - I always see this little ballet school close to my place of work

Nov 9, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #5 of 8
Love it! Usually catch the ABT at the Met after the opera season is over but I didn't attend much last spring because of health issues. I did manage to attend a performance of "Don Quijote" which was marvelous IMHO. The athletic ability and discipline required to dance is unreal and martial arts training is comparable only at the highest level. Don't know how far dance will take you past the physical though, with martial arts it's only the beginning (my personal opinion).

Nov 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 8
I've seen quite a few ballets in my time but ultimately stopped going because it became too repetitive for me.

Nov 9, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #7 of 8
It's not for me, I rather see martial arts. I do have great respect for the dancers though as they are in good shape and are disciplined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back