Balanced vs. Unbalanced for K701
Apr 26, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #32 of 32
Hi Tyll, I just ordered the “Serious Audiophile Package” today and I wonder if the new secret dac chip will eventually be offered as an upgrade for my Desktop Amp? I would also like to volunteer as a beta tester for it
smily_headphones1.gif

od

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, man! Nice to hear from you!

No, there's not much new coming up in the headphone amp domain. Nose is stirring the pot here; I love it, but he doesn't know of what he speaks.

Don't be surprised, there's no ruckus raised because there's no surprises in store. Jorge has got it, at the moment it's all about getting the word out on the Desktop Audiophile system.

But wait, What, I might as well begin to dial the notch up a bit for the way down the road. Jorge, Ben, Jeremy, and I got to listen to a new DAC chip the other day. Joe (our engineer) put together and eval kit from a specialty DAC maker. I'm not even going to say whome yet. But it SLAYED.

Here's the bad news: it's not going to show up for a good long while on our internal DAC board options, but, as you may have read elsewhere, I'm thinking it might show up one of these days in a stand-alone DAC.

Actually, I'm more than thinking.
pot.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back