Balanced Stepped Attenuator 50k
Jan 28, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agogic
Dear HeadFi fellows I need your advice...
Can someone recommend where can I get inexpensive 50k Balanced (or just stereo) Stepped Attenuator?
Thanks.

What you seek simply does not exist. The only option that I'm aware of would be to build two 50k stereo SA's - which will still cost ~$100. See here for kit and DIY versions.

Nate

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 18
Just got one, a 50k ladder, from diyfidelity.au . 70 australian dollars shipped, matched within 0.1%, lovely build quality

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 18
Nate, you are just too quick!

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcat39
Just got one, a 50k ladder, from diyfidelity.au . 70 australian dollars shipped, matched within 0.1%, lovely build quality

Sorry. Can't find this site. Can you give a link?

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agogic
Sorry. Can't find this site. Can you give a link?

check out n_maher's post above.

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcat39
Nate, you are just too quick!

Hehehe, trying to work on the weekend and I end up posting too much on Head-Fi
biggrin.gif
. And I agree, the DIY fidelity stuff is nice, but I just buy the kits though and build it myself.

Nate

Jan 28, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
What you seek simply does not exist. The only option that I'm aware of would be to build two 50k stereo SA's - which will still cost ~$100. See here for kit and DIY versions.

Nate

Actually that's not true. Goldpoint makes SAs up to 6 decks. Also, I think sft may have either a balanced SA (oops, nope, but does offer a cheap balance pot it appears) here.

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars
Actually that's not true. Goldpoint makes SAs up to 6 decks. Also, I think sft may have either a balanced SA (oops, nope, but does offer a cheap balance pot it appears) here.

I bet Nate was referring to the "inexpensive" part of the description rather than the availability of multiple channel SA's.

if we want even more channels than six, DACT's go up to 8.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I bet Nate was referring to the "inexpensive" part of the description rather than the availability of multiple channel SA's.

Bingo, I should have clarified that. For the record, the words inexpensive, balanced and stepped attenutator do not belong in any product description that I can think of
smily_headphones1.gif

Nate

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Bingo, I should have clarified that. For the record, the words inexpensive, balanced and stepped attenutator do not belong in any product description that I can think of
smily_headphones1.gif

Nate

LOL. Look what I have spent on this *****...

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #15 of 18
Not to run us OT, but how is shipping from DIYFidelity to the States? I'm thinking about picking up one of those attenuators and maybe some of those source switchers they have.... Heck if the shipping is low enough I might even pick up one of those schweet looking cases that they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back