Balanced portable DAP?
May 16, 2011 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

loremipsum

1000+ Head-Fier
There's a few balanced portable amps on the market (PB1, PB2, SR71B), but are there any players with balanced outputs to feed these amps with? For the PB1/2, you could carry around something with a digital output and the DB1/2 to feed it with, but I can't think of anything that can feed the SR71B's balanced input (aside from an iBasso -> RSA adapter?). But are there any portable DAPs that don't require you to lug around a separate DAC as well for balanced output?

May 16, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 22
Well, if any balanced amps have a built-in DAC in the future, then you could pair them with a DAP that supports a coaxial output, like, for example, the Fiio X3.  Other than that, I've never heard of anything that can.

May 16, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 22
Easiest one to balance is the Cowon S9.  Resting on a flat level table with screen facing up,  the point it touches the table is right below the center of gravity (X). Measure half way between the left and right sided to find (Y).  Now all you have to find is (Z).   Works with anything that has a curved back.

Yes, I know you want balanced output.  Couldn't resist balancing an entire device though.  

May 16, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 22
I have the same problem, I have the Head-Fi RE-ZEROs which are balanced, any suggestions?

May 16, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:
Well, if any balanced amps have a built-in DAC in the future, then you could pair them with a DAP that supports a coaxial output, like, for example, the Fiio X3.  Other than that, I've never heard of anything that can.

There's already some DAPs with coax out (iriver, Algorhythm), but the point of this thread is to NOT need that.

Why don't the Hifiman DAPs have a 4-pole 3.5mm output to use the RE-ZERO with? Doesn't really make sense that they'd make an earphone with a termination that isn't used by any players.

May 16, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #8 of 22
edit: sorry, clicked on the wrong thread. Please delete.

Nov 6, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #12 of 22
Hi to all, I also join :D
Is there anything balanced under 700$?
I'd try my RE272 in balanced mode.

Thanks to all :)

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #14 of 22
Tnx @WickedChicken! ...and about something already on the market? Just HM-700? Anything in its price range? :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back