balanced plug
Sep 19, 2018 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bluzeboy

500+ Head-Fier
I am getting an amp with balanced plug,are there any alternatives other than re terminate my Senns?

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 6
I am getting an amp with balanced plug,are there any alternatives other than re terminate my Senns?

Yours signature lists HD6XX, which have replaceable cables, you can just get a balanced cable for them.

Also, most amps that are balanced also have a single-ended output. (There are exceptions.)

What you do not want to do is use an adapter to plug single-ended headphones into a balanced output. This can damage your amp. Going the other way is fine. (Using an adapter to connect balanced heapdhones to a single-ended output.)

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 6
i saw somewhere that theirs a adapter that lets you us single ended in balanced.

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #4 of 6
i saw somewhere that theirs a adapter that lets you us single ended in balanced.

Not if you mean plugging SE headphones into a balanced output. There are some devices with 3.5mm ports that are designed to work as both balanced and single-ended. But don't try to use an adapter to plug a single-ended headphone cable into a balanced XLR output. You won't get a balanced signal, and you may damage your amp.

Just get a balanced cable for your headphones, they're not hard to find.

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #6 of 6
ok thanks for help, i found balanced cables.
The are balanced cables for the HD6XX sold on eBay.
But they are not listed as for the HD6XX, so search for a balanced cable for the HD600/HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back