Balanced Desktop - Power Supply
Mar 23, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #46 of 54
Ok Tyll it´s everything OK. I´m turning them off at the end of the day and looking the order you suggest: first the amp, then the DPS
popcorn.gif

Thanks a lot!
icon10.gif

May 27, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #47 of 54
I am really considering to upgrade my power supples for my ultra micro stack.
i wanted to consult you guys (head fiers and headroom)...is the DPS too much for the ultra micro? should i settle for the astrodyne for less cash and be happy with it? if the difference is significant between the astro' and the DPS i would like to know. (where's my wallet??....i think it ran away, prabably got scared.
smile.gif
)
any advices...?

May 27, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #48 of 54
What headphones do you have Plonter? I'd suggest the Astrodynes are prolly fine (save the money for cans) unless you're pretty wickedly set up for headphones.

May 27, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #49 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What headphones do you have Plonter? I'd suggest the Astrodynes are prolly fine (save the money for cans) unless you're pretty wickedly set up for headphones.

I have the denon AHD5000 and grado RS-1 . would you recommend getting the astrodyne?

May 27, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #50 of 54
Too late... I just ordered 2 astrodynes from your website. I feel i own this to my beloved ultra micros. i feel like i am abusing them every minute i am using the "bricks" .

May 28, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #52 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too late... I just ordered 2 astrodynes from your website. I feel i own this to my beloved ultra micros. i feel like i am abusing them every minute i am using the "bricks" .

Just felt like adding that in this usage it wouldn't be abuse but rather neglect.
tongue.gif
Not that I truly believe that HR's stock power supplies are bad, of course. I use 'em and they certainly sound good with the 650s.

//grammarian.

May 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh well. You'll enjoy them, you're headphones are good enough.

Thanks tyll. and moogoob... neglect is the right word indeed. sure that the regular power supplies sound awsome too, and i just can't wait to try out my new astrodynes. if the sound can get bettere than this... all i can say is OH MAMA!
L3000.gif

May 29, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #54 of 54
Tyll,
I actually would like to know your thoughts on upgrading to the DPS with the ultra micro stack (which I absolutely love by the way) using the AKG702's. What type of improvement do you get in the sound over the astrodyne power supplies? Is this a system that is resolving enough to easily detect differences between these power supplies?
Thanks in advance and enjoy CanJam this weekend! I would love to be there to hear the new ultra desktop stack with the HD800!!
Please keep bringing us all of your great products and legendary customer service!
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back