1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Balanced B22.......

1. classic_rock_69
    My whole audio set needs to be sold due to life throwing me a curve ball. Very upsetting, as it took me time to build this set up.

This amp works perfectly, it sounds so nice, so much power. This was built by Fiercefreak on this board, i bought it from Blessingx just a few weeks ago.[​IMG]

Just want back what I paid......... $1100 shipped and paypal fees included. Anywhere in Canada or USA. Comes with extra knobs as well.

[​IMG]

2. strangedaze39
    Great price! These are a lot of work! Sorry about the curveball, best wishes and I hope you get everything sorted out [​IMG]

3. FallenAngel Contributor
    Specs please [​IMG]

I'm assuming PSU is Simga22, but how many PSU's run this thing and what size is the transformer?

4. classic_rock_69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Specs please [​IMG]

I'm assuming PSU is Simga22, but how many PSU's run this thing and what size is the transformer?

I have no idea, I didn't build it or open it up. Check fierce_freaks threads that he started, I'm sure you'll find it there. All I know is it is worth $1200 in parts alone.

5. blessingx Contributor
    Sorry to hear you have to part with the amp so quickly Classic. Hope things calm down for you.

I can verify this is one very good sounding amp. Certainly the best I've ever owned.

Here are a few specs from fierce_freak that was in my ad. It may answer some questions -

"Up for sale is a Fierce_Freak built balanced Beta 22. It is a single box unit. There is no single-ended input or output. The gain of the amp is 4. It's 4-board balanced with one Sigma22 (100VA transformer). All parts are on amb's recommended list of parts except for all electrolytics caps are Nichicon Muse and C1-C5 on each amplifier board are Silver Mica. The volume control is two 24-step stepped attenuators, ladder type with precision resistors."

6. classic_rock_69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Sorry to hear you have to part with the amp so quickly Classic. Hope things calm down for you.

I can verify this is one very good sounding amp. Certainly the best I've ever owned.

Here are a few specs from fierce_freak that was in my ad. It may answer some questions -

"Up for sale is a Fierce_Freak built balanced Beta 22. It is a single box unit. There is no single-ended input or output. The gain of the amp is 4. It's 4-board balanced with one Sigma22 (100VA transformer). All parts are on amb's recommended list of parts except for all electrolytics caps are Nichicon Muse and C1-C5 on each amplifier board are Silver Mica. The volume control is two 24-step stepped attenuators, ladder type with precision resistors."

Thanks for the kind words and specs.

7. classic_rock_69
    Still for sale......... fantastic sounding amp, that was built very well by a fellow head-fi'er and less than parts cost alone.

I'm getting lots of crappy offers and questions, you either want this thing and have the money for it, or you don't.

My paypal is ........ robkaneary@msn.com ......... money talks.

8. classic_rock_69
    SOLD