Balanced Audio cable question
May 4, 2015 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gerelmx1986

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I have a question regarding a balnced audio cable i was given as part fo an exchange.

Teh cable came with a pair of XBA-Z5's sony headphones, the plugs seem to be 3.5mm jacks as they fit snuggly in my alptop and my DAP (walkman A17) and the other end is a MMX so i connected that to my XBA-H3's

To est them i tried setting them like in the picture  in mode A, just one plug into my DAP audio out jack and well no soudncame out, then tried th eother and also no sound came out neither

so question is

if i use like in the pciture, scenario B with a Y-Splitter it will work (sound come out)?

May 4, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 7
without reference for anything we can't answer you. I'm guessing the sony cable is one going out with 3 pins on each sides (stuff that goes into the 2 plugs of a PHA balanced amp or something). but the splitter could be anything.

now I must say that even if you get the proper adapter for the cable, I fail to see the point of trying to do this.

May 4, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 7
without reference for anything we can't answer you. I'm guessing the sony cable is one going out with 3 pins on each sides (stuff that goes into the 2 plugs of a PHA balanced amp or something). but the splitter could be anything.

now I must say that even if you get the proper adapter for the cable, I fail to see the point of trying to do this.

Further to what Castle is alluding to, my understanding is that cables are never "balanced" simply wired and terminated to transmit a balanced signal from a balanced amplifier or DAP. Without a balanced amp or DAP it seems pointless to connect "balanced" cables to a single output source which the Sony Walkman A17 is as the signal is not balanced.

May 4, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #5 of 7
It works It workssss :D seems the Z5 connector is a bit too short for the H3 socket thats why no sound was coming out

May 4, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #6 of 7
glad we didn't help you
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back