Bad question? Where to find online iPod dealer who ships to S. Korea
Sep 16, 2009 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

shigzeo

The Hiss King
I have been looking all over and have uncovered one of the following: stores which don't ship internationally, or my own ignorant searching methods. If I buy in Korea, I pay about 1,6x the price for the same model, e.g. about 300$ for the 8GB model, about 420$ for the 32GB model and even more for the 64GB model.

So, you can see that I need to find a realistic vendor who will not charge me ol' arm and leg just for the 3rd gen iPod touch.

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 7
Damn dude, I just sold mine 2 days ago - If I saw this earlier, I would sold it to you :/

Anyway, ebay.com would be your best bet. The trick is the open A LOT of "Buy Now" auctions and filter out which ship worldwide.

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #5 of 7
Why would you want an iPod anyway? In S. Korea there should be tons of great sounding DAPs all over the place.

Sep 18, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #6 of 7
sorry, i should have mentioned 3rd gen ipod touch. there are decent sounding korean players. i have owned most of them or used them. i don't like the typical bass roll off and poor channel separation of cowon players, the irivers still tend to hiss, none have properly working gapless, nor aac playback and between firmwares, too many items are taken away or added again.

i was a fanatical cowon/anti ipod person till 2007 when i discovered that if i just want music and can live without eq, the ipod is for many reasons, superior to any cowon. thus, i won't but a main player which is other than ipod until one can do the following

AAC
Gapless
OSX
No bass roll off
Good stereo separation - I know how poorly Cowon respond in this area, i am not talking about instrument separation or 'soundstage'
Proper drag and drop (from any software without any playlist errors, album art errors)
No hiss or very little hiss

The only thing an iPod touch 2G and up lacks for me is EQ.

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back