Bad Day-Fi
Jul 21, 2010 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I thought it healthy to start up a thread where members can just rant about the bad day they are having.

About 4 years ago I stopped attending a college so I could have a reconstruction done on my ankle, down time was estimated at about a full year, so i had no choice but to take off.  I was able to drop classes without being slapped with % fees, it was a whole 2 weeks before classes even started.  Due to a clerical error unlike I've ever seen, I was billed for each class even though I was on full financial aide and had a valid medical excuse ( which the college had a rule about, if you have medical documentation, you wont be charged a % fee for dropping at any time )

I was billed a few THOUSAND dollars and tried desperately to get out of it.  There was no way and my poor mom and dad had to shell out all the $ for it.  I couldnt help, I had 3 more reconstructions on my foot after that and lost the ability to work and walk since 2006 to even now. 

Recently I decided to go back, despite the idiocy at this college.  As its the only one near me.  MUSIC studies was listed under the degree programs, covered by financial aide.  So, to apply I had to go to the college and get my new login information.  They wouldn't let me reset the password there, so i had to reset via my email.  Had to go all the way back home, get the new password and login.  Success!  I try to login to the page that lets me sign up for classes, as that page and the main page ask for different info, one a pin number, and the other your student id and a password.  So, naturally I don't have a clue what my pin # is and am barred from logging in.  I was just there and waited in line for 30 min just to get a simple print out of my student ID and password....no pin number was ever mentioned.  

So, I then find out that MUSIC is not at all covered by financial aide after speaking to someone on the phone.  I asked what the hell it was listed in the degree listings then.  Am I the only person in the history of this college to see this error?  How can nobody who selected a music course have said anything.  If I had had my pin number, I would have immediately signed up for the music courses today.  After doing so, I would have been automatically billed for each class, even though it said on the previous page the music courses were covered, but in reality they are not and you dont find this out until after, or you specifically call and ask that question.  Thank god that I did ask during a phone conversation trying to get my pin# and information about the Music studies program.

thats not even the worst part, I thought I'd return to my old degree study in journalism and mass communications.  I was nearly finished with it when I was forced to stop from the damage i took in the accident and had to have surgery after surgery to repair it.  Now I come to find that the very same course of study I was in has changed and new courses were added to the first, second and third semester that I already completed, but would have to go back and take these new courses just to complete my degree...I finished 40 credit hours or something out of the 65, 
I did the math and there are now 30 new credit hours of new courses I would have to take

so, if i ever choose to do that, it would have taken 90+ credit course for one course of study in total.  

ROFL!  What a horrid day.  I feel better now having vented here though. 

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 4
Wow. I'm really sorry about that man. That sucks something awful.

Not having a bad day persay but my internship this summer isn't quite going the way I wanted it to. The week before I got there for the 10 week program the equipment we use to perform experiments broke. It finally got fixed two weeks ago but then my postdoc went on a week and a half vacation (just got back today) so I haven't been able to do anything for 7 weeks. Furthermore, the program I'm in sponsored by DOE requires me to write an abstract, make a poster, and write a 10 page research paper based on my research. I have no results and am blindly writing the paper based on little data (got in the lab for two days and made one sample). Now I have to write my paper and poster on the research I know little to nothing about instead of going to the lab so it's doubtful I'll be able to get any worthwhile data for my paper. My abstract is due Monday so it looks like I'm going to have to work on it this weekend as it has to be edited by the program coordinator before it's submitted. All while the other guy who works with me but is in a different program gets to conduct experiments. Anyway just letting off some steam. 

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 4
My new heatsink came (old stock intel crapped out). I could only get three of the four pushpins in and the fan was impossible to install once hte heatsink was seated. (I really don't wanna remove the motherboard) So... I'm going fanless for now, it's a Xigmatek S128 btw. 

Jul 23, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
My new heatsink came (old stock intel crapped out). I could only get three of the four pushpins in and the fan was impossible to install once hte heatsink was seated. (I really don't wanna remove the motherboard) So... I'm going fanless for now, it's a Xigmatek S128 btw. 

Im a heavy gamer and when my fans blew out, I went to walmart and bought a small fan and an ice bag  ( like a cloth bag that doesnt leak but you put ice in it for whatever reason, swelling maybe idk ) Took the plate off my desktop and put the fan a few feet away pointing into it, dangled the cold ice bag behind the fan and it blew nice cold air through for 10 minutes at a time heh, I kept an ice cooler on the floor nearby away from everything, stuffed with ice so i can refill the bag when it melted.  

I had a competitive match that day, it had to be done haha :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back