Bad customer service. Issue resolved now.
Oct 29, 2008 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I created a thread praising Klipsch for their good customer service and now I must say their customer service is not as good as I thought. I sent them an email about how I was having problems with the cord on the Custom 3 and they responded asking for more information and some pics. I sent them some pics and it's been about 3 weeks now and no response. I guess they just decided to ignore me. I am not happy especially since this is a $300 headphone. I think I may get a Shure E530 next.

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 31
I'm sorry about the trouble you've had. It's unusual though, that you haven't gotten a response. Could you send them to me, and I'll see what I can find out? Perhaps our spam filter flagged you for attachments, but that seems unlikely. I'll be sure to respond to you right away so you'll know the email was received.
Thanks!
Amy

Nov 1, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 31
E530 might have more cord issue hey~lol~

Nov 1, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 31
sounds quite strange to me. Klipsch has been wonderful to me in the few times I've eithr called or PMed. Amy particularly has been quite rapidin her help and response. Maybe something's up with your computer systeM??? Had you tried calling them??? Don't know, but I've been quite happy with Klipsch from the service on their tiny IEMs to their large floor-standing speakers.

Dec 5, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #9 of 31
Klipsch sent me a brand new replacement pair so I'm happy. I also took advantage of the 50% off sale they were having so I now own a pair of X5s which I like very much. The cord does not have the cloth covering so I think I won't have cord problems with them. I will treat the Custom 3s more delicately to avoid any future cord problems.

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidtripwow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Klipsch sent me a brand new replacement pair so I'm happy. I also took advantage of the 50% off sale they were having so I now own a pair of X5s which I like very much. The cord does not have the cloth covering so I think I won't have cord problems with them. I will treat the Custom 3s more delicately to avoid any future cord problems.

For an MSRP of $300 ish you shoud not have to baby the cords. I agree you should not abuse them but they should stand up to normal wear and tear. My wife and I are engaging Klipsch about our C3 cable problems at present.
frown.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #11 of 31
Hmm...maybe you can update the title of the thread to reflect the recent developments seeing that they promptly took care of your issue. Maybe you can just add to the title saying "Issue Resolved" or something. Just my 2 cents.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #12 of 31
Yeah go for the Shure SE530 next, I'll go for Westone 3's next for a true triple armature, and a great cable. But I won't if Klipsch is smart and comes out with a better cable, I would stick with them even if they don't come out with a triple.

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like typical Klipsch, I had a simular experience with them a few years back. Never again.

Really what was your experience?

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by j.4knee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really what was your experience?

I bought a Defective Product that Klipsch admitted to having problems with. I attemped to contact customer service 5 or 6 times and let the phone ring about 20 or 30 minutes each time. I also sent several E-mails to customer service. The E-mails were never answered. I never got through. I waited a few months and this time I was able to get through quickly. I explained my problem and that my particular item had the warranty extended one year because of the known problem. I also explained that customer service was not availible when the problem first occured. The responce was, "it is no longer under warranty" and this was repeated to me about 12 times even though I explained I was not able to reach then during the warranty period and that the E-mails I sent during the warranty period were never answered. Klipsch sold me a product that had a real known defect, one they admitted to having, ignored my e-mails, did not answer the phones during a span of about one month, then told me this was my problem and that they had no entensions of helping me, the customer service people even treated me like I was trying to cheat them. Klipsch stole 400 dollars of my hard earned money for a product that had about 40 or 50 hours on it and told me I cant be helped. When ever I get a chance I tell people my story and I will never buy another product from Klipsch again. They are there to sell and not to service customers. They are not to be trusted, and I recommend everyone support another brand. Money isnt free after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back