bad audiophiles bad
Mar 30, 2006 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

aptivapeople

New Head-Fier
your are all bad people, you know this right? What with you putting a gun to my head and making me buy some RS-1's a couple days ago.
biggrin.gif
Oh i was content with my slightly repaired SR-80's and fontopias, but then i had to go and start reading your forum and BANG, 700 bucks shot out of my wallet and the rest is history. I know this post isn't really a question but im just oober extatic over these phones. I just had no idea....... I thought, ya maybe theres a little difference but what with law of decreasing return and stuff i thought there wouldnt be too much. Well i must say i was dead wrong. I have reached the next level and it is fabulous. Something interesting with these was that when i first got them they did indeed sound better than the 80's but not 600 extra dollars better really (don't hate me, really im not deaf either). The bass was much better and in my very limited opinion the sound was much more level (i like how Grados do accent the highs a little more in general so level for me a touch different than for others). I could pick out a little more than with the 80s; then it occurred to me. Almost ever song i have on my comp is 128bit aac, i dont have any cds down here at school with me so i popped in a couple of movies i had the soundtracks for to compare and OMW these things freakin came allive. They are incredible. My friend says dvds use only mp3 but maybe the bit rate is really high? The moral of this story is suddenly 600 dollars didnt sound bad cause they just sounded so dang good. Hehe, i dont think the sound stage is bad on these either btw, again, my experience with anything near high quality is my old 80s. lol, i guess what id like to do now is ask if i can do this,
orphsmile.gif
and call myself an audiophile now?
icon10.gif
Actually with doing sound teching at church and school ive always had a desire for superb audio so maybe ive been a very limited budget audiophile till now. I thnk in conclusion though, 128bit aac has gotta go. Thanks for readin my rant. Oh and while im at this, would a bithead work well with these babies? thanks.

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 33
Hot damn, an RS1 on your first post? Yikes!

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio

Gulp. That's pretty impressive.
rs1smile.gif

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 33
you call that a rant?....more like a decent reaction.
Welcome to head-fi, i'm so so so so sorry about what we are about to do to your wallet.
evil_smiley.gif

you need an amplifier for those, and you probably would a better source comming from your computer, you know...just to fullfill the RS-1's potential
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

we got whole forums dedicated to just that task... ho, and power cables, and recables, and new RCA cables, and power conditioners, and even stickers that make CD's sound better...and mods! you gotta do mods...and a beyer headband, C-pads, lining the interior with cotton, and opamps/tube rolling for the amp you are about to get...
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

its amazing that i was able shut myself up till i did really. ive lusted after these for years though. I always said back when i got my 80's that if i ever won the lottery, the RS-1's would be mine. Then i got hit buy a car while walking to class....... bingo lottery.....

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #7 of 33
DVDs don't use mp3s as their sound tracks unless you are talking about a divx/xvid encoded version. Congrats on the RS-1s though. I've only had a chance to listen to the RS-2s and they were awesome.

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by aptivapeople
its amazing that i was able shut myself up till i did really. ive lusted after these for years though. I always said back when i got my 80's that if i ever won the lottery, the RS-1's would be mine. Then i got hit buy a car while walking to class....... bingo lottery.....

What! Are you serious?! So these RS-1 were bought with insurance money? Hah!

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

What! Are you serious?! So these RS-1 were bought with insurance money? Hah!

yes, for all my copious amounts of pain and suffering. Normal people woulda spent that on something like a car or something dare i say useful (im not implying headphones aint). I go out for the phones of my dreams...... and life is good..... all those normal people can go stick it with their cars..... especial green civics that no longer have a front end =) I tought the ricer a lesson with my face.

Mar 30, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #12 of 33
You are a true head-fier. "Taking one for the team" to get an RS-1. Crazy!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #13 of 33
Welcome to Team Impulse.

Mar 30, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by aptivapeople
yes, for all my copious amounts of pain and suffering. Normal people woulda spent that on something like a car or something dare i say useful (im not implying headphones aint). I go out for the phones of my dreams...... and life is good..... all those normal people can go stick it with their cars..... especial green civics that no longer have a front end =) I tought the ricer a lesson with my face.

Might I suggest you avoid most to all IEMs as you seem to be hit by car prone (moreso than the bulk of us at least)

ALTHOUGH if youve lived a pretty pias life you next hit might end up getting you every headphone, amp, and DAC youve ever imagined.
eggosmile.gif
Ahhh...heaven.

OTOH, if not, its Bose hell for you my friend. 24/7/365/eternity.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back