Bacon! (not Kevin)
Sep 4, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #61 of 108
I went on a hi protein diet and lost 50 lbs(245 to 195) in six months. My colesterol went from 280 to 90. I had two meals a day. Breakfast was bacon and eggs. Pepper crusted, thick cut, hickory smoked. Doc said to eat as much as I wanted. It worked.

Sep 4, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #62 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did I say "cheese"? I meant "sneeze". I don't like sneezed-on bacon.

/Right now I'm shirtless eating a huge block of bacon-impregnated cheese, then later I am going to pick the crumbs out of my cheat hair and eat those too.

I just knew I was too quick to judge!

By no authority whatsoever, I declare all day tomorrow to be [size=medium]Suffer Bacon Under Your Armpits for Redshifter Day[/size].

Who will join me?

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #63 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at work we've been discussing "chocolate dipped bacon." i think it would be great - crisp bacon half dipped in a 60% dark chocolate bath. some women thought it was disgusting...

but seriously, you have sweet and savory...the salt of the bacon would complement the semi-sweet chocolate just perfectly. don't you think?

You asked for it, you got it: I present to you, chocolate covered bacon!

191715867-L.jpg

I used Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet dark chocolate. It's actually pretty good. You get the sweetness of the chocolate first, then the crunch and salt of the bacon, and it finishes with the smoke flavor. Even my wife thought it wasn't too bad.

I can see it now - Reese's Bacon Cups. Or Bacon Truffles
blink.gif

Bring some to your Christmas party
icon10.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #64 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif

Excuse me, but that is Head-Fi Choclate-Bacon Crisps, Bacon Cups, or Bacon Truffles
Reese's had nuttin' to do with it
wink.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #66 of 108
New details on tomorrow's “mortification of the flesh” tribute. I've changed it to:

[size=medium]Suffer Chocolate Dipped Bacon Under Your Armpits for Redshifter Day[/size]

First, this still honors Redshifter. Next, it's an acknowledgment that Beerguy0 has clearly flipped his lid.

My favorite: Bacon and Feta rolled in fillo dough, quickly deep fried.

Sep 5, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #68 of 108
Let's not forget spagetti carbonara which is an Italian bacon and egg pasta dish. I also find that bacon tastes great with white rice too.

I remember once I went to a China Town in Philadelphia and had a thick slab of pork belly cooked in a clay pot. It was great. Pork belly is bacon in it's essence.

I also recently had a cassoulet, a French bean dish that also had a thick slab of pork belly and that was also great. The French also use thick pieces of bacon in their frisee salads and in their quiche recipes. In France, bacon is often called "lardons".

Sep 5, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #69 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's not forget spagetti carbonara which is an Italian bacon and egg pasta dish. I also find that bacon tastes great with white rice too.

Oh gods cabonara is such gorgeous calorific sin. Right up there in competition with lasagne for the best pasta.

Sep 5, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #70 of 108
Quote:

191715867-L.jpg

I used Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet dark chocolate. It's actually pretty good. You get the sweetness of the chocolate first, then the crunch and salt of the bacon, and it finishes with the smoke flavor. Even my wife thought it wasn't too bad.

blink.gif

icon10.gif

[size=xx-large]EPIC![/size]

And Slammo, do not drag me into your perverted food-wearing fetishes man.

/although I'm honored
//'scuse me gotta pick some cheese out of my chest hair
///OOO BACON BITS!!

Sep 5, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #71 of 108
What i hate is when restaurants cheap out on the bacon and like give you 2 strips on an 8.95 meal "bacon, 2 eggs sunny up, french fries, white bread"

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #72 of 108
We used to deep fry bacon at work and I thought that it worked well. I'd forgotten about it till now. Recently we went out for a polish sausage and they deep fried it. It tasted surprisingly good. Can't be any worse than the bacon fat. For all those who are concerned about all that bacon grease please deep fry your bacon in some good olive or vegetable oil!

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #73 of 108
I wonder if you beer-boiled the bacon first like brats if the fat content drops?

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #74 of 108
Quote:

Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. Slice open a jalapeno, scoop out the seeds and pith, add some cheese. Wrap in bacon, secure with a toothpick, and grill.
evil_smiley.gif

Dinner tonight: Chicken BLTs. We have some leftover grilled chicken breasts, so the hard part is done. I'm off to cook bacon now.

those bacon wrapped jalapenos sound delish...i think that's going to be a menu item at the next potluck i'm organizing - which will be centered around a bacon theme! it's going to be glorious!

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #75 of 108
Quote:

191715867-L.jpg

blink.gif

icon10.gif

that is simply marvelous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back