Bacon! (not Kevin)
Sep 3, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #32 of 108
^ Are you serious?

There was a man who knew how to break all of the rules, a meal fit for the King himself
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #33 of 108
I went to the famous White Cloud [Kansas] flea market yesterday. My friend and I started at the overflow flea market in Sparks, Kansas, and then finished in White Could. Exhausting. There were several sellers of knives there, and at least one seller of guns. This thread reminds me, however of the most dangerous thing I saw there: a deep fryer. Ha!

Did you know that there is one breed of pig which is bred for the bacon? The breed is small in the shoulders and hams, but the bacon bits - oh yeah!

I don't eat the stuff, BTW.

Laz

Sep 3, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #34 of 108
at work we've been discussing "chocolate dipped bacon." i think it would be great - crisp bacon half dipped in a 60% dark chocolate bath. some women thought it was disgusting...

but seriously, you have sweet and savory...the salt of the bacon would complement the semi-sweet chocolate just perfectly. don't you think?

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #35 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at work we've been discussing "chocolate dipped bacon." i think it would be great - crisp bacon half dipped in a 60% dark chocolate bath. some women thought it was disgusting...

but seriously, you have sweet and savory...the salt of the bacon would complement the semi-sweet chocolate just perfectly. don't you think?

woah! that is so far over the edge you are canyon divng
chocolate covered pretzels achieve that salt/chocolate balance rather well, and it is good, but bacon? No way. Count me out!
What's next, chocolate covered sushi?
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #36 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woah! that is so far over the edge you are canyon divng
chocolate covered pretzels achieve that salt/chocolate balance rather well, and it is good, but bacon? No way. Count me out!
What's next, chocolate covered sushi?
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Now lets not be too hasty. I never thought bacon and peanut butter went together until that accident I had running my bacon down the hall.

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #37 of 108
I LOVE BACON!!!

I pan-fry my eggs in a little of the bacon fat
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
Probably the WORST thing to eat.

I had a buddy in college, whenever we would go camping we'd fry up the bacon for breakfast. He would keep the fat and deep-fry a hamburger patty in the grease and chow down on that with some scrambled eggs, also pan fried in the grease
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #38 of 108
I can't let this thread go by without adding my love of bacon. There is nothing like camping, and waking up knowing there's bacon to be had!

Sep 4, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #39 of 108
When my girlfriend and I were both at the same college (now neither of us is there) and I didn't have time to go to breakfast, she would sneak out my favorite dining hall food out of all the meals -- a Club Eggel (rhymes with Hegel). That's a toasted bagel with some salted and peppered scrambled eggs in between... and plenty of bacon! Mmmm... so tasty. There's nothing better than waking up to a beautiful woman handing you so much tasty wrapped in compostable college napkins.

Of course, it's still not nearly as good as Weisswuerste with sweet mustard. Which I'll be having in a couple of days in wonderful Regensburg!

Sep 4, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #40 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't let this thread go by without adding my love of bacon. There is nothing like camping, and waking up knowing there's bacon to be had!

All sizzling and popping in the freezing morning, mixing in with the wood smoke. Everything tastes better when you are camping.

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #41 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I LOVE BACON!!!

I pan-fry my eggs in a little of the bacon fat
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
Probably the WORST thing to eat.

I had a buddy in college, whenever we would go camping we'd fry up the bacon for breakfast. He would keep the fat and deep-fry a hamburger patty in the grease and chow down on that with some scrambled eggs, also pan fried in the grease
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

It's common in the Spanish culture to keep the grease of pork and use it for cooking. I can't say all Spanish people do this but I know my co-worker does this. In Spanish, it's called manteca or lard in English.

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #42 of 108
I wish to contribute to this thread by expressing my love for bacon.

If bacon were made of slaughtered african orphans marinaded in sin I would still scoff it down in rolls lashed with brown sauce.

Sep 4, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #45 of 108
Some THICK cut smoked bacon fried up with two eggs overeasy, home fries and some sourdough toast ... the perfect breakfast
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back