Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs
Jul 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lewis82

New Head-Fier
I have bought, a couple months ago, a pair of Klipsch Image S4. Long story short, my right ear canal is "crooked" and doesn't seal well with any of the tips supplied. The pain was awful, I couldn't wear them more than 15 minutes. So I sold them to my sister.

Since I have a summer job, I decided to buy a pair of customs. I hesitate between UE 4 and JH 5. I listen mostly to progressive rock (Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Transatlantic). Which one of them has the best quality? I like the fact that the JH5 has 2 years warranty.

Now question two: is it even realistic to get molded IEMs? I wasn't able to wear the Klipsch because the first section of the canal is angled. I'll see with the audioprethesist, I guess, but I'd like to know if any of you have a similar condition.

Oh, and by the way, I have an iPod touch (2nd gen).

Jul 30, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 7
I would recommend going for the JH5. It was originally designed to compete with the UE5. Not only is the sound of the JH5 better, but the JH Audio is a better company in general than Logitech (Ultimate Ears was acquired by Logitech). Ultimate Ears had great customer service, but Logitech does not have the greatest CS.

Jul 31, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 7
All right. Do you know how much is shipping to Canada? It's UPS, so I guess it must be pretty expensive, and I don't want to pay 100$ on this (and I'm saying this because I once saw a web shop where the only shipping option was FedEx priced at 103$).

Jul 31, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
All right. Do you know how much is shipping to Canada? It's UPS, so I guess it must be pretty expensive, and I don't want to pay 100$ on this (and I'm saying this because I once saw a web shop where the only shipping option was FedEx priced at 103$).

No idea, but I am sure one of these guys knows the answer:

http://www.jhaudio.com/promusic/

Jul 31, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 7
When you are in the checkout on their website, after you fill out the shipping address, it will list all the available shipping options and the cost for each.

Quote:

Jul 31, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #6 of 7
The only international shipping option that was available on JH Audio's website when I ordered my 13Pro's was $75 for UPS shipping into Canada, luckily I didn't have to pay any other charges.

Also factor in the possibility of having to send them back for a refit.

Aug 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #7 of 7
Jaime emailed me back. They can ship mine with 15$ standard UPS :)

Now I just need to ask the audiologist if it is doable, because I can't get a refund in the case the IEM does not fit, even after multiple refits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back