Baby Orpheus, ebay.de
Feb 26, 2006 at 12:23 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol
I'd sure hope so. Maybe the interest in that second run of HE90 last year encourages them to reissue a HE60/HEV70 MkII of sorts.

How much was the Baby O sugg. retail price?

Would be nice, having alternatives. European stax distributors charge you a kidney and a liver for a modest setup.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol
I'd sure hope so. Maybe the interest in that second run of HE90 last year encourages them to reissue a HE60/HEV70 MkII of sorts.

I hope so...

Not for me, as I already have Baby-O
tongue.gif
. But I hope they will reissue HE60/HEV70, because, imho, they are totally Lambda-killer. They are for sure the best headphone I've ever had. One step above all others (you can see in my profile). It's a pity they are out of catalog.

bye
Andrew

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastergill
This combo (HE60/HEV70) is so weak and outdated i can't believe people are spending that much! The power of the hype man!

Hey 19lexicon78, if you read this it's time to sell yours.
icon10.gif

The combo (HE60/HEV70) is weak, but once you remove the HEV70 it is weak no more
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
The combo (HE60/HEV70) is weak, but once you remove the HEV70 it is weak no more
smily_headphones1.gif

And once you removed the bad wall transformer and replaced it with a stabilized 2A DC power supply, mantaining the good HEV70, the combo is weak no more again.
wink.gif

Sure the HE60/moddedHEV70 combo is the most dynamic and powerful headphone+amp I've ever had (see my profile for my past cans and amp).

bye
Andrew

Feb 26, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
And once you removed the bad wall transformer and replaced it with a stabilized 2A DC power supply, mantaining the good HEV70, the combo is weak no more again.
wink.gif

Sure the HE60/moddedHEV70 combo is the most dynamic and powerful headphone+amp I've ever had (see my profile for my past cans and amp).

bye
Andrew

Hm.. I definitely have to try this. Where can I get that power supply? My HEV70 has some buzzing noise, I don't know if that's because of the power supply though.

Is the modded power supply expensive?
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Hm.. I definitely have to try this. Where can I get that power supply? My HEV70 has some buzzing noise, I don't know if that's because of the power supply though.

Is the modded power supply expensive?
biggrin.gif

It's a "simple" stablized 2A DC power supply you can find in almost all "electric shop" (I don't know the name in english). But you have to adapt the cable with the HEV70 terminal. Costs about 50 eur.
wink.gif

bye
Andrew

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19lexicon78
that is interesting, another power supply to upgrade the hev70.

do you have a picture of the adaptor

yes gilles, those prices are going sky high...

but still, i'm happy with my baby

Here it is:

img07asda257vp.jpg

Nothing special, an "electronic lab" power supply... but stabilized and with 2A instead of 0.5 A of the original transformere. So more dynamic and bass.

bye
Andrew

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
Why? You already have a set.

Didn;t he try to sell a set already for close to $2k? Also check out his ad on audiogon.

Looks like Akwok is an enterpreneur.

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Didn;t he try to sell a set already for close to $2k? Also check out his ad on audiogon.

Looks like Akwok is an enterpreneur.

Seize the oppurtunity! I'm still keeping mine, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back