Baby Orpheus, ebay.de
Feb 25, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #16 of 42

Tachikoma

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Posts
2,004
Likes
62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Ebay.de is always like that. Germans just seem to love to snipe. Last time I was bidding on something over there the price almost doubled in the last hour.


Funny, no-one bidded in the last half an hour in that auction (SR-5 gold) I won
biggrin.gif
*I actually went to bed thinking I had already lost, lol*
 
Feb 25, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #17 of 42

F1GTR

Banned
Joined
May 18, 2004
Posts
1,738
Likes
11
...and the sniper takes them down.

336 views yesterday with 16 hours left @ $233

774 views at finish of auction @ $1,556.54

Nah...had nothing to do with head-fi. Must have been those last minute German bidders.
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif
 
Feb 25, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #19 of 42

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 16, 2005
Posts
4,368
Likes
13
I was the one who put 1300 EUR down before I went to sleep last night. Got sniped at 1310 EUR. To be honest, I wasn't really willing to pay the 1300 EUR price, I was hoping people would give up at around 1000-1100.

Oh well
smily_headphones1.gif
 
Feb 25, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #20 of 42

Canman

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 13, 2003
Posts
3,667
Likes
14
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
I was the one who put 1300 EUR down before I went to sleep last night. Got sniped at 1310 EUR. To be honest, I wasn't really willing to pay the 1300 EUR price, I was hoping people would give up at around 1000-1100.

Oh well
smily_headphones1.gif



Why? You already have a set.
 
Feb 26, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #22 of 42

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 16, 2005
Posts
4,368
Likes
13
You can never have too many Baby Oprheuses..
 
Feb 26, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #23 of 42

edisonwu

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Posts
1,608
Likes
18
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
I was the one who put 1300 EUR down before I went to sleep last night. Got sniped at 1310 EUR. To be honest, I wasn't really willing to pay the 1300 EUR price, I was hoping people would give up at around 1000-1100.

Oh well
smily_headphones1.gif



10 more EUR, you might have won another baby O.

I was going to bid on it actually at the last moment, but the price just went up out of control...I was watching it ending up.

I was told a rumor that Sennheiser would introduce a new electrostatic headphone, but don't know if it was targeting high end market or if it is true. Time will tell.
 
Feb 26, 2006 at 8:41 AM Post #24 of 42

Carl

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Posts
5,368
Likes
18
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu
10 more EUR, you might have won another baby O.

I was going to bid on it actually at the last moment, but the price just went up out of control...I was watching it ending up.

I was told a rumor that Sennheiser would introduce a new electrostatic headphone, but don't know if it was targeting high end market or if it is true. Time will tell.



I lost an SR-Omega the same way. Except for me it was 1 euro, not 10...
redface.gif
 
Feb 26, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #26 of 42

Tachikoma

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Posts
2,004
Likes
62
stax phones' haven't really "improved" that much over the years though... *with the exception of the omega II*. Besides, the HE60 does come with the HEV70 amp, even though it isn't the most popular of electrostatic amps.
 
Feb 26, 2006 at 10:40 AM Post #27 of 42

Carl

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Posts
5,368
Likes
18
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf
It is amazing how much people love those cans. For that kind of money you can get a nice stax phone+amp, brand new. Interesting.


Well the HE60 comes with an amp, too...
 
Feb 26, 2006 at 11:22 AM Post #28 of 42

amartignano

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Posts
1,364
Likes
177
Location
Italy - Knife Edge in other forums in the world
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
stax phones' haven't really "improved" that much over the years though... *with the exception of the omega II*. Besides, the HE60 does come with the HEV70 amp, even though it isn't the most popular of electrostatic amps.


I think that HEV70, if matched with a better power supply (I have a "custom" 2A one), can drive the Baby-O very well. Mine sounds considerably better than Stax Lambdas, and I think it can compare to OmegaII in many aspects (one of this is bass, body and power).

bye
Andrew
 
Feb 26, 2006 at 11:24 AM Post #29 of 42

mattigol

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 24, 2003
Posts
924
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu
I was told a rumor that Sennheiser would introduce a new electrostatic headphone, but don't know if it was targeting high end market or if it is true. Time will tell.


I'd sure hope so. Maybe the interest in that second run of HE90 last year encourages them to reissue a HE60/HEV70 MkII of sorts.

How much was the Baby O sugg. retail price?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top