B&W P5 or Beyerdynamics T50p
Aug 2, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 9
I've heard both, and I'd take T50p over the P5 any day.  I don't like the P5 at all to begin with, lol.
T50p boasts all-around better sound - bass, midrange, treble, and I've forgotten P5's soundstage.  It wouldn't surprise me if T50p beats it at that as well.  It needs a good deal of burn-in.  T50p has an interesting coloration, "ephemeral" seems to be the way to put it.  Not my cup of tea, I prefer HD25-1 II.  Otherwise, T50p is a good headphone.  I love T50p's look as well, my favorite in that aspect along with ESW9 and SR325is.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 9
hmmmmm.... Do you think you could enlighten me on the "ephemeral" coloration?  

I really want to listen to the T50p but havent found anywhere that sells them near cambridge ! and i dont really want to end up buying over the internet since i have heard the P5s.

I have also read a review and someone even said that  there isnt THAT much of a difference to the sound its more of a preference.

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 9
I don't know how to put it.  "Otherworldly"?  It is artificial, but without ever being displeasing or sounding "wrong"..  It especially shines with female vocals.  Extraterrestrial sound!  No, I don't know.  Bass is kind of dry.

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #6 of 9
lol
Yes, good separation.  You can focus on any one instrument even in large bands/ensembles.

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #7 of 9
Hmmmmm you may have changed my mind on the P5s but I really would prefer to hear some to be honest before to use any of my money especially since you said you never liked them, no offense :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back