B&W P5 Headphones: An Unboxing of the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones
Mar 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #61 of 702
Looks like they're trying to enter the whole vintage/retro design headphone scene, just with a little more lux/panache. Will deifnitely appeal to the vintage/hipster crowd (i.e. Urban Outfitter headphones Eskuche, Panasonic, Boost, etc.) - with a heavy wallet

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #62 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wonder if they made by Ultrasone or their own production.
ksc75smile.gif

Knowing BW, most likely designed by them, and built at Foster in China, like the Zeppelin.

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #63 of 702
It would be helpful to know whether Mr. HV from Ilford has been listening to music from his iPod using Apple's earbuds in comparison, before drawing any conclusions about the P5s ... other than the fact that Mr. HV apparently has a big head and they don't fit him.

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #64 of 702
I was all set to go ahead and order a pair until I red the comfort concerns. I think I will need to go to an Apple store and try them out first.

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #65 of 702
March 23rd for the apple stores and May 1st for dealers.

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #66 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did they ever look around and notice, that most people with a portable *don't* have an iphone, ipod, or anything apple related

What a great idea: marketing a pair of headphones to the 30% of the DAP market not controlled by Apple. Why, they'd only be missing the other 70%.

These aren't bad looking phones at all. B&W is doing something sensible by introducing a competitor to the Beats By Dre and Bose QC3's. The success of both of those headphones has proven that non-audiophiles are willing to spend well beyond the stock iPod earbuds.

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #67 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are not just for ipods and I am sure they will benefit from being amped. Out of a nano they needed pretty much maximum volume, so there is definitely room to amp them. Next time I listen to them I will take my FiiO.

Look here, this is really bad, not everyone has a ipod!
Made for iPod

How many times can you find, "ipod" on their sight?
It sounds like they're obsessed with crapple products.

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #68 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look here, this is really bad, not everyone has a ipod! How many times can you find, "ipod" on their sight? It sounds like they're obsessed with crapple products.

Such a balanced perspective. I like that they are using memory foam in the earpads. Before I stumbled onto this forum, I briefly owned a pair of Bose On-Ears. They had leather covered memory foam earpads and were the most comfortable earpads that I have worn to date.

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #69 of 702
Certain people seem to be mssing the significance of this made for Apple product. It appears to be the first high-end headphone that has full 3GS remote capability - iPod voice control etc. (Therefore also fully supporting the new Shuffle and also call answering on old iPhones.) If they are really good (and comfortable - I'm big-headed and worried too) then this is a huge product.

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #70 of 702
Confirmed about the full 3GS remote. And it does also provide full flexibility for non-iPod users.

Quote:

These Made for iPod noise-isolating cans with speech and device control are meant for use far beyond your carefully constructed "critical listening" audio nest at home. You can, however, swap out the iPod cable for the B&W supplied gold-plated cable by popping off the magnetically attached ear pad.

(info from the web)

Mar 14, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #71 of 702
Continuing with the B&W policy of a mass market appeal/convenience without completely forgetting audiophile concerns. Not bad.

Mar 14, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #74 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
B and W are really just overpriced bose products, same to say about their speakers.

Really?! So which BOSE product is this one forked from?
wink.gif

B&W 800 Diamond
800_Diamond_Piano_Black_Gloss_Grille_Off.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back