B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Feb 12, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #1,366 of 1,671
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me how the H9i perform wirelessly when watching video on an iPad, or on TV with a Bluetooth transmitter?

I realise these headphones are primarily for enjoying music, but I’d want to use them for watching video too. Are they usable wirelessly, or is the latency too bad?

The H9 is listed on the aptx website as featuring aptx LL - it’s so disappointing that it was removed from the H9i.

Thanks for your reply rswatson - that’s encouraging.

Anyone got experience of using the H9i’s to watch TV using a plug in Bluetooth transmitter? If so, which one - and did it have acceptable latency?

Thanks!

Feb 13, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #1,368 of 1,671
72BBD405-0D68-4051-A9F3-879EB68FB17F.jpeg
I’m curious to try the H7 pads on my H9i since the sound is amazing, but the comfort could be improved. Are you still happy with this setup? Do you have the dimensions of the H7 pads? How much thicker are they? Is the ear opening any larger?

Thanks,
Ryan

Thanks again to Cyrfer for his feedback. I just got the H7 pads and they fit fine, just had the pop the one side in slightly at first before turning. Significantly thicker.

Feb 13, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #1,370 of 1,671
Hi,

Does it alter the sound apart from having more comfort from the thicker pad?

I had same concern before buying. I’ve only had the new pads on for a day, but haven’t detected any changes in sound. These are very crisp, clean sounding headphones. The thicker pads are definitely more confortable for me.

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #1,372 of 1,671

Thanks again to Cyrfer for his feedback. I just got the H7 pads and they fit fine, just had the pop the one side in slightly at first before turning. Significantly thicker.
Thank for posting that pic, much thicker indeed. If they were doughnuts, that would probably be a 200 calorie difference :wink:
I just ordered a set.

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #1,374 of 1,671
Thank for posting that pic, much thicker indeed. If they were doughnuts, that would probably be a 200 calorie difference :wink:
I just ordered a set.

I’ve had these on my head all day and it’s like wearing a nice pair of thick pillows around my ears. I didn’t mind the pads that came with the 9Hi, but putting the H7s pads on is so much better. Plus, possibly more noise isolation when ANC is off.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #1,375 of 1,671
I’ve had these on my head all day and it’s like wearing a nice pair of thick pillows around my ears. I didn’t mind the pads that came with the 9Hi, but putting the H7s pads on here is so much more better. Plus, possibly more noise isolation when ANC is off.

Weren’t the H9 non-i pads thick like the H7 pads? Maybe you could find some H9 pads?

Feb 14, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #1,377 of 1,671
My H9i has an occasional high pitched sounds in the right side. Almost like a really high, faint cricket that chirps for a second, then pauses, then chirps again. My first thought is that it’s cellular signal interference with the Bluetooth receiver since I always use my headphones with a cellular connected device. It’s doesn't always happen, but I notice it at some point at least onece a day usually in between tracks or during very quiet passages. If it’s normal, it’s minor enough that I can live with it, but if not, I should probably exgange the headphones while I still can. Any ideas? Thanks, Ryan.

Feb 14, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #1,378 of 1,671
Debating between these and Master & Dynamic MW60 for the same price. Any thoughts? ANC would be a nice feature, but not necessary. More important to me is good battery, no cut-outs, and sound quality.
Have you tried the M&D? They were very uncomfortable to me, but I have a big head. I prefer the B&O design. The M&D look like they’re trying too hard for a retro aesthetic, and I usually like retro style.
I only tried them on in a store for a few minutes so can’t really speak to the sound quality. They do seem very well built.

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #1,380 of 1,671
I’ve used a BT transmitter on my flights to watch movies. No lag, worked fine.

Hi Techguy17, sorry if I’m misunderstanding, but do you mean you’ve plugged a Bluetooth transmitter into the plane’s headphone socket and watched the in-flight entertainment wirelessly with the H9i’s without lag?

If so, what model of transmitter have you used? I’d be keen to try one plugged into my TV at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back