B&O Beoplay H2 Portable
Dec 4, 2014 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

god-bluff

Headphoneus Supremus
Dec 5, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #2 of 49
Seems odd, no-ones interested ?

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #3 of 49
Just been listening to these headphones at the new Bang & Olufsen store in Leeds. They actually sound rather impressive for the price. Much warmer sound than their larger siblings the H6 and a heck of a lot easier to drive too, though the finish isn't quite as luxurious. Whilst the bass is certainly a lot more dominant in these than the H6, I wouldn't say its overbearing, just complimentary, similar to the B&W P5. If you're looking for neutrality, then you'd be better suited with the H6, but for a richer sound, these are the ones to go for. Especially if you don't want to use a separate amplifier. Also, these are a lightweight supra aural design, whereas the H6 are circumaural, and a bit heavier.

Overall, I'm quite impressed. Has anyone else tried these? :D

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #5 of 49
Thanks for the impressions,nice to hear they sound good. They certainly look like some of the nicest portables headphones I've seen recently, stylish without the bling. I still like like my Form2s. Obviously not the same class but still great for (one of the original)'light weight' headphones. And they are durable if looked after.

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #6 of 49
Thanks for the impressions, overheat. BTW, have you compared how these sound vs the B&W P3's? At the same price, it will be a tough call between the two.
  i heard b&o headphones are not durable, they have bad ratings on the internet by users

Stop spreading lies. If they are so badly rated, then explain the average 4.5+ star reviews on amazon and apple, two of the largest retailers that sell them online.

Dec 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #7 of 49
No problem L0SLobos,

Yes, I've listened to the B&W P3s also. I really like the P3s, but I much prefer the sound of the BeoPlay H2s.  I'd say the P3s are a very impressive sound for the money with a decent mid-range, but I just find them a little dull and unexciting, lacking a little in detail overall. I find he H2s to be a much punchier sound with plenty of low-end without sacrificing detail - overall a good warm presentation, but unrestrained in their delivery. I'd definitely say they're closer to the P5s, though I've yet to hear the P5 S2s, but I imagine they're not far off - they certainly don't have the detail of my P7s, but are much easier to drive and much more comfortable to wear for longer periods judging by their weight.

Albeit, aesthetically the B&W design definitely takes the crown - I'm quite surprised at the reserved design for a B&O product actually - the P3s are much more desirable and look a whole lot more luxurious. I prefer the sound of the H2s though. I suppose it could well be down to what you enjoy listening to, I imagine the P3s would be better for softer music, such as acoustic and easy listening, but the punchiness of the H2 lends itself better to rock/pop/electronica in my opinion.

It's a tough call, but I suppose it comes down to listening preferences and whether they are going to be a fashion accessory also.

Also, regarding the durability, I'm not sure where hunteragain is getting his information from, but all B&O headphones come with a 3-year warranty, which is longer than any other headphone manufacturer I know about, so I'd say that they're fairly confident that these things are built to last.

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #8 of 49
It sounds like the H2's are going to be a success with people looking for a mobile upmarket headphone. At this time, the only competitors they have at $200 pricepoint that I can think of are the Beats Solo2 and B&W P3. The one thing that concerns me is the color choices; they need more colors (red, yellow, light blue, etc) that appeal to young people (which I think is the intended market as they are portable on ears at reasonable price). I already have the H6's, but I'll be picking up a few of these as Christmas presents for family. As you say, they have punchy bass without sacrificing mids and highs, so they could win over some of the Beats crowd.

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #9 of 49
I heard them too this weekend.

Very nice sound, reminds me a little of Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear, but with better isolation, not as comfortable, but the sound is good and they are very efficient.

They don't fold though, which is a dealbreaker for me.

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #10 of 49
Tested them yesterday and put it in direct comparison to Sennheiser's Urbanite on-ear. The H2 to me, is much much much better. H2's bass is much stronger than my H6 and noticeably warmer as well. However thought, it does not have the refinement and smoothness of H6 thought. Soundstage is a little bit congested but instruments are well separated from each other. Overall, the H2 is a fun sounding headphone while the H6 are more serious headphone. I would like to have both 
gs1000.gif

i heard b&o headphones are not durable, they have bad ratings on the internet by users

B&O's build quality are pretty premium and I have no issue with their build quality till now. Just need to take good care of the leathers thought. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #11 of 49
Anybody else on these ?

Comparison with other portable headphones like b&wP5, sennheiser hd25, momentum would be appreciated
What about noise isolation ? Is it sufficient for noisy places (subway) ?

Thanks

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #12 of 49
  Anybody else on these ?

Comparison with other portable headphones like b&wP5, sennheiser hd25, momentum would be appreciated
What about noise isolation ? Is it sufficient for noisy places (subway) ?

Thanks

I hope that I will be able to answer that in a little over next week 

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #14 of 49
any hints ?

The H2 is IMO, better than Urbanite and Momentum on-ear. The H6DJ Khaled edition would be a better choice for what you need or H8 if you need things smaller and wireless. Sound wise, the H8 is the same as DJ Khaled H6 but less refined bcos of the wireless feature but the H8 features ANC

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #15 of 49
Hi all,

I've been testing the H2 with my portable Sony NWZ-A15 player 2 days ago and I'm quite impressed, I will signal these cams in this player specific forum...

My favourite is classical music , and H2 did not deceive me at all, sounding a lot better and more refined than my AKG K451 in all aspects.

Easily drived by the Sony player also, while H6, as well as many other over ears, need an external amp.

My only concern could be that "tissue" finish, that I suspect easy to become very dirty soon for a train and bus user as I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back