B&H photo video (reputable seller?)
Jan 10, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Jazz1
Yep, their good. I purchased a pro level DV cam from them and they were fast and reliable. Their NY accents kill me though
wink.gif

Nothing's as fun as a good NY accent, I love it!
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #18 of 39
mookid - I don't know that you need any more encouragement, but I will add my comments about B & H anyway!

I have bought lots of digital photography equipment from them (on-line.) They are indeed reputable, give you lots of info about the products they sell, email you promptly to let you know your order is confirmed and to let you know when your order has been shipped.

As others have said, I don't know that their prices are the cheapest to be found - they certainly aren't the most expensive, either - but knowing that I'm dealing with an honest, legitimate on-line vendor with lots and lots of products available makes up for any discount I might get elsewhere.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2004 at 12:10 AM Post #19 of 39
I put a pair of headphones on my credit card for a friend who doesn't have one and my friend received the headphones so ya they're reputable. They also sent me a huge catalog recently so they definitely aren't in this to fool people.

Jan 11, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Howie
I put a pair of headphones on my credit card for a friend who doesn't have one and my friend received the headphones so ya they're reputable. They also sent me a huge catalog recently so they definitely aren't in this to fool people.

They really are the real deal. Decent prices. No bait and switch. No real pressure to buy accessories. They aren't the kind of shop to sit around and talk with you. If you know what you want they are going to take the order, and go on to the next customer.

I guess I'm remembering some really bad encounters with "big city" online camera shops where they were going to charge me for the "special" anti-reflective coating on a Contax lens. Right! You know the ones that advertise a camera or lens for a low, low price, and you find they are out of stock, or they tell try to dump some cheap accessories on you at some high price. But I digress
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #21 of 39
These guys are real authorized dealers (I used to work for a company that sold gear to them). They always try to get the best prices for their customers but, if they're a little higher, at least they're also legit and there's never a problem with warranty.

They close for the sabbath (half-day Friday, all day Saturday) and for major jewish holidays that are posted on their website. They are definitely trustworthy -- online, in store, or over the phone.

Jan 11, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #22 of 39
Thanks for all the info. I had no idea they were so well known! I found them searching on Froogle, so I figured I'd better find out a little about them before ordering from them.

I ordered some DT 250-70's from them yesterday, which they have for fairly cheap. So far my only complaint is that N.Y. residents have to pay sales tax!
frown.gif

Jan 11, 2004 at 7:14 AM Post #23 of 39
mookid - I live in manhattan but go down most weekends to see my parents in NJ - mother is very ill. You should have sent it to me, and I'd bring it up to Manhattan. AND I live a block from them - so when I buy something there, I try it out at the store, head home, buy it online and use my parent's address to ship!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2004 at 8:32 AM Post #25 of 39
blipblop - I live on Long Island, not Manhatten, so a local pickup wouldn't be possible. Plus I already ordered what I wanted from them.

That's a pretty good scheme you got going though
smily_headphones1.gif
. Although if I lived right next to the place, I'd probably end up just paying the tax to have my items instantly!

Jan 13, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #26 of 39
They just had a flood form a pip burst, destroying the Pro Audio section. That really BLOWS.

Jan 14, 2004 at 5:11 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by blipblop
They just had a flood form a pip burst, destroying the Pro Audio section. That really BLOWS.

Damn, a "pip" burst? Gladys Knight has to be taking this hard!

JC

Jan 14, 2004 at 5:12 AM Post #28 of 39
Seriously though, B&H are amongst the finest places one could deal with. I've done a lot of business with them over the years, mostly camera related stuff, though I did buy a Philips 963 there too. Highest recommendation.

JC

Jan 14, 2004 at 6:05 AM Post #29 of 39
I am new to the audiophile world, but I am a photographer (who used to live in Manhattan). I used to go to B&H on a weekly basis, and have always had nothing but the best to say for their service, speed, and reliability. In short, you can't go wrong with them.

As a side note, they DO sell Sony CD3000's... and as far as I know, are the only American store doing so around the $400 mark.

Jan 14, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #30 of 39
Yeah BH is very professional. Just know what you want before you go there. Not very nice sales people. One thing though, I just bought some dt 250-80 from them. I went through several boxes and they were all messed up. Don't know what happened to the outside of the boxes but the insides seem okay.
Watchout MOOKID...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back