Azla Sedna Earfit Tips
Mar 9, 2020 at 8:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 151

MarkSubsonik

100+ Head-Fier
Hey y'all

I was curious how many of you use the AZLA Sedna Earfit Tips. I bought a couple sets on Amazon recently including the Light and Short versions and I love the fit and sound of them. They have a nice big bore and the comfort is fantastic as compared to "standard" silicone tips.

If you use these, I'd love to hear what you think about them. Also, how they compare to JVC's Spiral Dot tips if you use those.

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 151
Hey y'all

I was curious how many of you use the AZLA Sedna Earfit Tips. I bought a couple sets on Amazon recently including the Light and Short versions and I love the fit and sound of them. They have a nice big bore and the comfort is fantastic as compared to "standard" silicone tips.

If you use these, I'd love to hear what you think about them. Also, how they compare to JVC's Spiral Dot tips if you use those.
I just recently got some, the short light versions. I also think they are great but have only used them on the TFZ T2 and Blon 03 so far. I opted for the ML version even though I normally wear L and they fit perfect for me. I'm going to check out their regular versions as well as non-short ones. What can I say, I'm a tip hoarder.

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 151
I have the longer stem version. The material is slightly stiffer than that of the spiral dots, so might not be as suitable for deep fit.

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 151
There is a light and non-light version. The light version isn't as stiff
Yea mine should be the non light version

Mar 10, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 151
I have the longer stem version. The material is slightly stiffer than that of the spiral dots, so might not be as suitable for deep fit.
I bought the short version for my Fearless S4 (long nozzle) and they allow for a deeper, more snug fit without changing the characteristics of the standard size. I would check them out if that's what you're after.

Mar 10, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #7 of 151
I just recently got some, the short light versions. I also think they are great but have only used them on the TFZ T2 and Blon 03 so far. I opted for the ML version even though I normally wear L and they fit perfect for me. I'm going to check out their regular versions as well as non-short ones. What can I say, I'm a tip hoarder.
Yeah, I usually wear size M with most tips and the ML fits way better for me as well. The ability to sort of fine-tune the size is fantastic

Mar 10, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #8 of 151
Yea mine should be the non light version
So the light version is clear and the standard version is black. The short version is clear with blue stem.

Mar 10, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #9 of 151
So the light version is clear and the standard version is black. The short version is clear with blue stem.

I got this short version in black, and its so amazing, just put it on, and I can feel a huge improvement on soundstage,
This is the best tip I ever try so far ( compared to AET07/08, Spinfit, Spiral dot ), with solid bass, more transparent vocals, detailed sounds.

Screenshot-20191123-212218351-1.jpg

Mar 10, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #10 of 151
I got this short version in black, and its so amazing, just put it on, and I can feel a huge improvement on soundstage,
This is the best tip I ever try so far ( compared to AET07/08, Spinfit, Spiral dot ), with solid bass, more transparent vocals, detailed sounds.

Screenshot-20191123-212218351-1.jpg
Awesome! Yeah, oops, forgot that there's a regular black version of all of these I mentioned. I believe the black are a little more firm and the clear is softer. I totally agree with the way they affect the sound.

Mar 10, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #11 of 151
So anybody that owns Spiral Dot's; What differences there are besides the little 'dots?' is the circumference of the inner bore roughly the same? I was curious because they have been marked up so much and these may be a great alternative. Although, I'm hesitant to try any other tip because these are just about perfect.

Mar 10, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #12 of 151
So anybody that owns Spiral Dot's; What differences there are besides the little 'dots?' is the circumference of the inner bore roughly the same? I was curious because they have been marked up so much and these may be a great alternative. Although, I'm hesitant to try any other tip because these are just about perfect.
Actually these dots blur the resolution to create a smoother experience. The silicone itself is softer. Bore itself is nearly the same. But there are also spiral dots ++ whit hybrid silicon stem and thicker silicon outside.

I like the azlas more because i love resolution. And dots mess up whit that

Mar 11, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #13 of 151
Actually these dots blur the resolution to create a smoother experience. The silicone itself is softer. Bore itself is nearly the same. But there are also spiral dots ++ whit hybrid silicon stem and thicker silicon outside.

I like the azlas more because i love resolution. And dots mess up whit that
Really? That's interesting. I haven't heard many comparisons between the two and was interested in maybe trying them but they are ridiculously expensive for eartips. Even the Azla's are pricey but, I'm willing to shell out the cash on those because they are worth it IMO. Maybe the spiral dots are worth it. May have to grab a set and see what all the fuss is about..

Mar 11, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #14 of 151
Really? That's interesting. I haven't heard many comparisons between the two and was interested in maybe trying them but they are ridiculously expensive for eartips. Even the Azla's are pricey but, I'm willing to shell out the cash on those because they are worth it IMO. Maybe the spiral dots are worth it. May have to grab a set and see what all the fuss is about..

For a while, I used Spiral Dots++ for my IEMs and liked it a lot. Having a wide bore gave me an impression of a wider soundstage and brilliance (treble). It's super comfortable too, but unfortunately, it slips and is loose enough that I get one earpiece stuck on my ear (LOL!) from time to time.

Now recently, I got Azla's (Light + Short) and in my ears, they sound similar. They have a harder stem and fits my IEMs perfectly (no more slipping). This is what I normally wear nowadays.

I also had the Azla non-shorts and if I remember correctly, it reaches more deeply (of course) and the bass is more full-bodied. Sadly, I accidentally bought a bigger size of what I normally use, which made it uncomfortable.
Size specs say they're the same but Azla's feels bigger. I use Spiral Dots++ (MS) ~= Azlas (S).

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #15 of 151
For a while, I used Spiral Dots++ for my IEMs and liked it a lot. Having a wide bore gave me an impression of a wider soundstage and brilliance (treble). It's super comfortable too, but unfortunately, it slips and is loose enough that I get one earpiece stuck on my ear (LOL!) from time to time.

Now recently, I got Azla's (Light + Short) and in my ears, they sound similar. They have a harder stem and fits my IEMs perfectly (no more slipping). This is what I normally wear nowadays.

I also had the Azla non-shorts and if I remember correctly, it reaches more deeply (of course) and the bass is more full-bodied. Sadly, I accidentally bought a bigger size of what I normally use, which made it uncomfortable.
Size specs say they're the same but Azla's feels bigger. I use Spiral Dots++ (MS) ~= Azlas (S).
Did you buy them from Amazon by chance? I had to return the first pair I ordered because they didn't fit correctly and got a free replacement. Last time I checked, Azla had all versions in stock with free returns and replacements.

I really dig the lights and the shorts. The shorts are especially great if you have something like a Noble design where you can push the tips down far on the nozzle resulting in deeper insertion. They're great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back