AZ Summer 2013 Meet Impressions
Jul 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #16 of 35
Hello, all.  I'm a fellow Phoenician, and I'm very sorry to see that there was an even that I had missed :frowning2:.  I'm new user on Head-Fi, but have been an avid reader to the point that I finally gave in and got signed in...
     I mostly listen to IEM's, as I'm frequently on the go, and tend to find them more comfortable for longer term listening.  Were there any IEM's there?  Nevertheless, I would've loved to hear the Denon's, Ultrasones, Grado's, and Audio-Technica's.....  Please keep me in the loop for next round!

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #17 of 35
Welcome!

There were a couple of guys with customs, but unfortunately you can't really share the experience with others.  Some HF'ers will even swear by customs and ditch full size altogether.  Nothing wrong with different strokes!

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #18 of 35
Can't believe I missed this meet!  It seems to be a larger turn out compared to last years!  Glad to see the phoenix head-fi group growing.  I definitely will make the next one!

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #19 of 35
I appreciate both, and if I found great cans, I could change.  I have SRH840's and V-Moda M-80's, but they just don't beat the PFE 232's for comfort.  I think the cans can have a little edge for soundstage, but only by very little.  

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #20 of 35
Quote:
Hello, all.  I'm a fellow Phoenician, and I'm very sorry to see that there was an even that I had missed :frowning2:.  I'm new user on Head-Fi, but have been an avid reader to the point that I finally gave in and got signed in...
     I mostly listen to IEM's, as I'm frequently on the go, and tend to find them more comfortable for longer term listening.  Were there any IEM's there?  Nevertheless, I would've loved to hear the Denon's, Ultrasones, Grado's, and Audio-Technica's.....  Please keep me in the loop for next round!

Quote:
Can't believe I missed this meet!  It seems to be a larger turn out compared to last years!  Glad to see the phoenix head-fi group growing.  I definitely will make the next one!

Just for reference, here is the link for planning our next upcoming meet (which I'm hoping to be in the Winter of this year).
http://www.head-fi.org/t/672706/az-winter-2013-meet-a-round-2-in-the-same-year

A warm welcome to you guys, both. MadMusicJunkie, as Mr. Sneis said himself, IEM (incl. Customs) can have their pros and cons just as headphones do.  There are plenty of headphones that contribute to the comfort factor, such as the Sennheiser HD800 which seem to be a popular headphone in our meetings.

Jul 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #22 of 35
Hey Ya'll,

I had no idea there was going to be a meet in Phoenix. I'm up here in Northern AZ. If anyone is building a list of AZ Head-Fi'ers for sending out information about any future meets, please add me to the list.

Jul 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

If anyone is building a list of AZ Head-Fi'ers for sending out information about any future meets, please add me to the list.

Will do. We also do have a new meeting thread for a meet we are trying to assemble during the Winter. The link is in my previous post above and you are most welcome to check it out.

Cheers

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #25 of 35
Lol because it's an awesome CD player

Aug 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #27 of 35
@Destroysall 

What were the tubes you were using with the EF2a? Which Mullards were they again? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

I had one of these a few years ago and did the ouputmod and added the remote. It's actually a very nice sounding player when mod'ed.

http://dogbreath.de/PS1/

I need to do these mods. Of course, I'd need to replace my CD player first before I do. I've been looking for another first edition model to experiment with, but so far no luck.

Still, it really is a great player for those on a budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back