AZ Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth: September 10th 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2022 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

Coolzo

500+ Head-Fier
LATEST UPDATE 9/8/22: SchiitKit information added.

Gear list updated 9/8/22

funch said:
To anyone who has never been to one of these meets, they are the most laid back get togethers you'll ever experience. No pressure, just hangin' out with friends, including the ones you haven't met yet.

Even if you're just curious about it, but don't have any gear (yet; you will after you attend, trust me), just come and hang.

It's been a while since covid mucked us up, but we're back, for reals! Post your thoughts, and what gear you'd be bringing! Same stuff applies regarding used gear sales/trades, etc; please read the slightly-modified copy pasta below. As you can see, the slate has been wiped clean... obviously, its been two long years!

IMPORTANT FOR ALL ATTENDEES:
We ask that you stop at the table at the room entrance to sign in. We'll issue you a name tag to list your name and Head-Fi name.
2. At the sign-in table, raffle TBA.
3. THERE WILL BE FREE FOOD TBA.

List of contributing insiders:
Schiit Audio: Sponsorship, SchiitKit.
Audeze: Peter from Audeze will be bringing select headphones to the meet.

Date & Time:
September 10th, 2022
10:00AM-6:00PM
11460 W Hilton Way
Avondale, AZ 85323

*Wifi Password is HGI321*

**Please note the starting and ending times. For whom it may concern, setup start time will be the same as the previous meets**

Vendors, industry insiders, and all sorts of gear welcome of course! Our friends at Schiit will be sponsoring the event once again :) We will be meeting in the same space as last time. Finally- BYOPS: Bring Your Own Power Strip!!!

There will NOT be a raffle at this meet.

Food and other stuff:
At lunch time during the meet, attendees should note that there is a Culver's and a Ruby Tuesday's in the same parking lot, as well as a plethora of places near the i10/101 intersection. I should also reiterate:
There will be free food!
Yes, catering! This will include coffee in the early morning, cheese/fruit and chips/dip platters wiin the late morning, and chicken tenders + teriyaki skewers in the afternoon!

Please let us know what gear you'll be bringing, and it'll be placed below. Also, make note of any audio items you might like to sell at the meet. Member attendees, also feel free to list any used gear you might have for sale at the time of the meet (listed at the bottom of this post). Attendee inquiries only, please.

List of present gears (continually updated, italics might be present):
-Schiit Kit:

Schiit Lyr+
Schiit Bifrost 2/64
Schiit Vali 2++
Schiit Loki Mini+
Schiit Modi 3E
Schiit Pyst "Snake Oil" interconnects

Other gear (not final):
Headphones:
Abyss AB-1266 Phi
Audeze LCD-1 prototype
Audeze LCD2 Classic
Audeze LCD5
Beyerdynamic DT880
Denon AH-D2000 (wood cups, heavily modded)
Denon AH-D7000
Focal Clear
Focal Utopia
Focal Stellia
Fostex TH900
Fostex TH-X00 purplehearts
Hifiman HE6
Klipsch Heritage HP-3
Meze Audio 99 Classics
Meze Audio Elite
Meze Audio Empyrean
Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee
Sennheiser HD650
Sennheiser HD800 (stock and modded varieties available)
Sony MDR-Z7
ZMF Aeolus
ZMF Auteur Blackwood
ZMF Ori

IEMS:
*crickets*

Headphone Amplifiers:
Decware SE84 (DIY "25th Anniversary" edition clone)
Eddie Current Balancing Act
HeadAmp GSX Mini
Riviera AIC-10 integrated
Schiit Folkvanger
Teac UD-505
Ultrasonic Audio Citadel
Questyle CMA fifteen
SPL Phonitor XE

DACs:
Holo Audio Spring 3
Schiit Yggdrassil OG
Pi2AES w/Sigma 11 PS > Schiit Gungnir w/ DAC direct output "Gumbreya" mod
Denafrips Pontus 2

DAC/amps:
Chord Mscaler > Chord TT2

Remember to post any gear you may be bringing!

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 69
Best news. Thanks Coolzo. You da' man!

Attachments

• 1656022286997.png
    1656022286997.png
    218.2 KB · Views: 0
Jun 23, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 69
I will be there for sure. Glad to have you back in action Coolzo.

Jun 23, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 69
@Bob454, you should go to this

Jun 23, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 69
LATEST UPDATE 6/23/22: We're back in business! Meet date set for September 10th of this year!

It's been a while since covid mucked us up, but we're back, for reals! Post your thoughts, and what gear you'd be bringing! Same stuff applies regarding used gear sales/trades, etc; please read the slightly-modified copy pasta below.

IMPORTANT FOR ALL ATTENDEES:
We ask that you stop at the table at the room entrance to sign in. We'll issue you a name tag to list your name and Head-Fi name.
2. At the sign-in table, raffle TBA.
3. THERE WILL BE FREE FOOD TBA.

List of contributing insiders:
Schiit Audio: Sponsorship, SchiitKit.

Date & Time:
September 10th, 2022
10:00AM-6:00PM
11460 W Hilton Way
Avondale, AZ 85323

*Wifi Password is HGI321*

**Please note the starting and ending times. For whom it may concern, setup start time will be the same as the previous meets**

Vendors, industry insiders, and all sorts of gear welcome of course! Our friends at Schiit will be sponsoring the event once again :) We will be meeting in the same space as last time. Finally- BYOPS: Bring Your Own Power Strip!!!

Raffle:
TBA

Food and other stuff: At lunch time during the meet, attendees should note that there is a Culver's and a Ruby Tuesday's in the same parking lot, as well as a plethora of places near the i10/101 intersection. I should also reiterate:

Please let us know what gear you'll be bringing, and it'll be placed below. Also, make note of any audio items you might like to sell at the meet. Member attendees, also feel free to list any used gear you might have for sale at the time of the meet (listed at the bottom of this post). Attendee inquiries only, please.

List of present gears (continually updated, italics might be present):
-Schiit Kit:

TBA

Other gear (not final):
Headphones:
*crickets*

IEMS:
*crickets*

Headphone Amplifiers:
*crickets*

DACs:
*crickets*

DAC/amps:
*crickets*

Post any gear you may be bringing!
Sounds great. Count me in.

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #6 of 69
I wanna go but impossible, so hope rest of y'all enjoy a ton more on my behalf. And sad as I have always wanted to share my stuff (never had luck selling so irrelevant, that). 🦇

Jun 23, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 69
Best news. Thanks Coolzo. You da' man!
I will be there for sure. Glad to have you back in action Coolzo.
We're hopping in the 2019* time machine! Appreciate the continued support, see you there.

Sounds great. Count me in.
Great!
I wanna go but impossible, so hope rest of y'all enjoy a ton more on my behalf. And sad as I have always wanted to share my stuff (never had luck selling so irrelevant, that). 🦇
Ahh snap, no way to make it work? Hope to see you at the next one.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #8 of 69
September should work for me. Great to see this coming up again. So long since the last.

For gear, the guys at Greg's last mini meet know most of what I have. Not much difference, other than finding some really awesome tubes for the Riviera.

Chord Mscaler
Chord TT2
Riviera AIC-10 with various tubes (most, most notably Telfunken G73-R, both red and black text). Might could sell one or more of those (but way expensive, comparatively), since I have 6 of them and they are 40k hours life, way more than I need.
Abyss AB-1266 Phi

If you all wish, I'm sure I could supply about 20-30ish lbs of BBQ pulled pork. My homemade rub and sauce. Several of you know it already. Free of charge, and no trying to garner future sales. Just something I enjoy doing. My contribution for all of the things I've learned from all of you over the last 5 or so years.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #9 of 69
If anybody has any great source that I could plug into my gear I'd love to try it during the meet. I'm thinking of what my next upgrade would be. Next year maybe, since I'm working on a new vehicle this year. Dave, source, or power regen... So many choices.

Jul 2, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #12 of 69
Good news for everyone! I don't know if Schiit will be providing a Folkvangr amp for the meet, but I've got one on the way to me! You can expect me to be bringing my Yggdrasil OG and Folkvangr, along with the HeadAmp GSX-mini I agreed to at the last meet. Not sure what headphones yet. Depends on what I find most appealing with the new amp.

Just thought I'd throw that out to anyone interested in what you might get to listen to at this meetup.

Jul 3, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #14 of 69
Wow. Just a few minutes from my home. New to the Head-Fi thing. Long time home HiFi enthusiast though. Will have to confirm my schedule and make sure I'm not on call that day. I don't have much to offer in terms of anything to bring other than my new portable set up. Meze Audio Advar and iFi xDSD Gryphon. My new found love of Head-Fi just started this week. Mother in Law moved in so can't crank up the home system everyday like I used to. So still have a lot to learn, but enjoying my current little setup more than I thought I would. These IEM impressed me so much I can see I will be needing some closed back headphones in the near future.

Jul 3, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #15 of 69
Wow. Just a few minutes from my home. New to the Head-Fi thing. Long time home HiFi enthusiast though. Will have to confirm my schedule and make sure I'm not on call that day. I don't have much to offer in terms of anything to bring other than my new portable set up. Meze Audio Advar and iFi xDSD Gryphon. My new found love of Head-Fi just started this week. Mother in Law moved in so can't crank up the home system everyday like I used to. So still have a lot to learn, but enjoying my current little setup more than I thought I would. These IEM impressed me so much I can see I will be needing some closed back headphones in the near future.
Welcome to the hobby and group! I would love to hear the Gryphon. The xCan really impressed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back