Axpona 2018 Head-Fi Meetup + Discount code

Will you be attending the Head-Fi reception at Axpona this year??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2018 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81
PLEASE RSVP VIA THE POLL AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!!!!

**Special thanks to Brian at Audiohead.com for sponsoring the meet up**

There will be a reception/lunch for Head-Fi members at the coming AXPONA / EAR GEAR expo in Chicago.

Show is April 13-15 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center
Reception will be held from 12-1:30 pm on Saturday

The location for the meet up is a room created inside Schaumburg West, there will be a sign that says head-fi on the drape.

We need to know how much pizza to order.

This is not a 'bring your gear' meet. Just a little time set aside for Head-Fiers to meet up with friends new and old, and banter about all the cool gear at the Expo!!

AXPONA Ticket Discount for Chicago Head-Fi Members
$5 off Three day passes
Coupon Code: 45RTB8
April 13 – 15, 2018
www.axpona.com
Please Note: Offer is not valid on Gold passes or passes already purchased.

*But its also worth mentioning the student pass discount, as some of the guys might qualify for that one too.

Student Passes (ages 15 – 25) - $10 for any one day at AXPONA (must show ID)

See you there
Keith​

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 81
RSVPed

Nice to have a bigger venue for AXPONA this year.

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #6 of 81
Hey planning to attend this one for sure! Going to sure up the PTO first then book a flight.

My question though is travel, is any one local with a vehicle down to share a room and help me get to an from? If so I'll ofc pay for the gas and split the room with ya!! Either way this will be my first Consumer Show!!!! So I'm super stooked

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #7 of 81
Hey planning to attend this one for sure! Going to sure up the PTO first then book a flight.

My question though is travel, is any one local with a vehicle down to share a room and help me get to an from? If so I'll ofc pay for the gas and split the room with ya!! Either way this will be my first Consumer Show!!!! So I'm super stooked

PTO Confirmed, Flight purchased and Hotel Booked, the Hotel is like a 15min walk from the Convention Center! It's also about $100 a night with 1 bed, and $112 with two, so if any one would like to split the room cost with me it, it would be right at $56 a night with taxs and a double for each of us! So please if your attending PM me, I'm more than happy to swap over to a double bed room and if you have a vehicle and would be willing to help me get to & from I'd be happy to cover the cost of your gas!

Mar 7, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 81
I'm seriously contemplating on going as it will actually be nearby for once. I haven't gone to one of these before, is it generally recommended to bring your own DAP or is it not a good idea? The reason being I am mostly interested in hearing some headphones in a gear I have vs out of some high end system I don't have.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #10 of 81
Booked my room for the show. Looking forward to seeing the Chicago crew again this year!

I was also able to negotiate a much more aggressive room rate so I'm definitely going to be in attendance

It'll be great to meet a lot of you as well have we picked a set date and time to meet up all together at the show?

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #12 of 81
There will be a meet for Head-Fi members at the coming AXPONA / EAR GEAR expo in Chicago.
**Special thanks to Brian at Audiohead.com for sponsoring the meet up**

Keith

Fixed it for you lol, No I'm kidding an forgive my humor I saw reception/lunch and skimmed over it, my above question was in response to a comment earlier today from a good friend of mine in attendance who told me of a

plus the CanJam area that’s devoted to nothing but headphones

So I guess I'm curious about this "canJam" area and if were having some kind of little special Head Fi table/booth or area. Either way, lunch would also be awesome :D looking forward to meeting every one over a good meal!

Also

I'm seriously contemplating on going as it will actually be nearby for once. I haven't gone to one of these before, is it generally recommended to bring your own DAP or is it not a good idea? The reason being I am mostly interested in hearing some headphones in a gear I have vs out of some high end system I don't have.

I plan to bring a Cayin N5 ii Dap with me, it has both Digital an Analog line out so I can try both Amps & Dac /Amp Combos. I'll also bring a set of closed back headphones so I can listen to gear with both a familiar song and headphone! Though I'm excited to hear some awesome headphones too

Mar 8, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #13 of 81
So I guess I'm curious about this "canJam" area and if were having some kind of little special Head Fi table/booth or area.
Since this year the event is in a new location I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but in previous years the Ear Gear Expo was in a first floor room that was full of exhibitors. There won't be a Head-Fi table in the Ear Gear Expo. Brian from Audiohead has been generous in past years and set up a dedicated meeting space for all headphone lovers in one of the meeting rooms on Saturday, with some food and drink provided.

Either way, lunch would also be awesome :D looking forward to meeting every one over a good meal!
If there's nothing currently planned on-site, I'd be down with heading out for some grub with everyone. Those meals are usually a blast, unless @Hansotek is along for the ride. Then it just gets... weird. :baby_chick: :wink:

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #14 of 81
If there's nothing currently planned on-site, I'd be down with heading out for some grub with everyone. Those meals are usually a blast, unless @Hansotek is along for the ride. Then it just gets... weird. :baby_chick: :wink:

Oh right, now I’m the one making it weird, hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back