Awesome demo quality Jazz CD for cheap! (Music Recommendation)
May 6, 2011 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
One of my recent pet peeves has been seeing a new "Demo Track" aka "Best Music To Show Off You Gear" aka "Best song/track/album to <insert something here>" thread pop up every other day.

Why?

Well, I feel that tracking demo material really limits ones view of music. Our equipment exists to demo music not the other way around. Also, many of the best demo tracks I know of I found by just buying a CD or SACD which I had never heard of before much less read about in TAS or Stereophile. Another reason those threads irk me is that there are too many of them...but learning to use the search button is another topic on to itself.

Anyway, a long time ago I purchased a CD of jazz music which I purchased solely based on the cover. I thought it looked cool and vintage and gave it a shot. This was over 9 years ago. The music turned out to be fantastic, well recorded and well mastered. I paid $8 for that CD. Why is this little known CD so awesome? I know now, but I won't spoil the surprise for those who are reading....

Flash forward to now and I have a friend asking me for some great jazz. I go looking through my collection thinking of a good recommendation that he might not have heard before and bam...I see this CD. Knowing that it's not that popular, I look it up on amazon and to my surprise, I see that it's still cheap! So, on I go and recommended it to him as a solid purchased both for musical context and sound quality. Not wanting to keep this information to myself, I have decided to share it with you guys...or at least the first 24 of you who decide to jump on this awesome purchase.

BUY IT NOW JAZZ FANS...YOU WON'T BE SORRY!

ENJOY!

May 25, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 13
Thanks for the heads-up on this LFF!  Just ordered 1 of the 5 remaining.  Only 4 left now.  Chop chop if you're interested
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #4 of 13
LFF has never steered me wrong on music suggestions, so I just snagged this gem.  There's now a $6.87 hole where my money used to be... actually, a $30.12 hole, as this motivated me to get off the stick, and pick up Wintersleep and Avashi Cohen's latest discs.
In gratitude, I'll bring the candy bar o' audio goodness to Friday's gig!
beerchug.gif

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 13
Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and ordered it.

Jun 21, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #6 of 13
I enjoyed this album. The exact type of jazz I like. Well recorded, but it took me a while to get used to nothing in the middle of the stage. Everything is on the left and right.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #8 of 13
I'm really loving this album - have been listening to it daily since it arrived.  Thanks again for the great recommendation LFF!

Jun 22, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #9 of 13
Awesome! I'm glad you are all enjoying it.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #10 of 13
Just a heads up guys. They have more in stock and dirt cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back