AWESOME BINAURAL ALBUMS!
Nov 13, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #31 of 51
Quote:
Spotify even has some of this stuff!
Listening to Can - Flow Motion now.

Isn't it true you can get de-sensitised to this type of recording though, and it'll no longer feel 3D?

Does this technology have some limits, because of the way it is recorded, that music can sound a bit... flat?
From listening to Pearl Jam's Binaural CD though, it doesn't sound flat though. In fact, its a bit... disorientating, but some instruments sound processed due to the technique used.

From the Caves of the Iron Mountain sounds awesome by the way!

I often have trouble with front/back positioning, I think that might be something to do with the limitations of the human ear. This Wikipedia page is interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_sound_localization , have a look at the Cone of Confusion, it seems that we need to be able to move our heads or have some other external cues to identify sound position with accuracy.

It wouldn't surprise me if the brain learnt to ignore binaural headphone recordings after a while and started to depend more on visual cues for positioning after long periods of listening with earphones, but I don't know if you would become de-sensitised, it doesn't seem to become desensitised to stereo (that I've noticed anyway). I think you are likely to get the most out of the illusion only if your eyes are closed so that your brain can't use any visual cues.

I bought the Strauss and Stravinsky from iTunes yesterday, I haven't had a chance to listen them properly yet, it's heavy stuff for me, I don't know much about classical music.

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #32 of 51
Thank you for the suggestions - I too bought the Strauss on iTunes and find it exquisite! 
beyersmile.png

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #33 of 51
Has any of you tried a Holosync CD or something similar? It uses binaural tones, I believe they use a 10Hz difference for each channel and the brain can't really tell the difference and tries to adjust it giving a very odd sensation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats). The holosync idea with healing properties and amazing meditation etc is comple rubbish in my opinion but the binaural cranial massage is very pleasant!

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #35 of 51
Quote:
Hi, listen to my new recording i just made:
Reger, Meine Seele ist still zu Gott...

i'm a professional singer, and we just started recording pieces the "binaural way". i will post more stuff the next weeks, if you want! 

Reger meine Seele

A great effort!

I enjoyed it.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #37 of 51
Hi LFF and ultrabike! 
Thank you for listening to the music!
We will record some music next monday... perhaps i will make a little "album" out of it-> for free of course :wink:

the church we recorded in is actually nearly 1000 years old: 

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:St_maria_in_lyskirchen_koeln.jpg?uselang=de

greetings from Germany!

Feb 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #38 of 51
Quote:
Hi LFF and ultrabike! 
Thank you for listening to the music!
We will record some music next monday... perhaps i will make a little "album" out of it-> for free of course :wink:

the church we recorded in is actually nearly 1000 years old: 

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:St_maria_in_lyskirchen_koeln.jpg?uselang=de

greetings from Germany!

I would love to hear more...please keep us posted! Thanks!

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #39 of 51
Sounds great!   
beerchug.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #40 of 51
Quote:
Spotify even has some of this stuff!
Listening to Can - Flow Motion now.

Isn't it true you can get de-sensitised to this type of recording though, and it'll no longer feel 3D?

Does this technology have some limits, because of the way it is recorded, that music can sound a bit... flat?
From listening to Pearl Jam's Binaural CD though, it doesn't sound flat though. In fact, its a bit... disorientating, but some instruments sound processed due to the technique used.

From the Caves of the Iron Mountain sounds awesome by the way!

Can's Saw Delight was also recorded binaurally.  I believe that they are also re released on SACD now.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #45 of 51
"links removed"

lets see if this works. I uploaded 3 samples (above links) in mp3 format so it should be compatible.

Let me know what you think. I will remove them soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back