Avril Lavigne Sued
Jul 8, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 31
And I suppose that the only way to hear the Rubinoos original is by buying it from iTunes? I sense a new way to breathe life into a dead career........

It's rock, people. Everybody steals from everybody else. All of these pointless lawsuits smell of self promotion to me. We need a loser pays system to kill this BS off.......

Jul 8, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I suppose that the only way to hear the Rubinoos original is by buying it from iTunes? I sense a new way to breathe life into a dead career........

It's rock, people. Everybody steals from everybody else. All of these pointless lawsuits smell of self promotion to me. We need a loser pays system to kill this BS off.......

David Bowie vs. Vanilla Ice -- who were you rooting for?

Jul 8, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 31
I'm just waiting for The Winstons to cash in on every time anyone has ever sold a song with the amen break in it. They'd be billionaires!

Jul 8, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 31
Maybe Porsche can sue Toby Keith next.....

Back on topic: Yeah, thats a fairy obvious knock-off. Why didn't Avril just call it a remake from the get-go. Not like 95% of all music isn't just covers now anyway.

Jul 8, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
David Bowie vs. Vanilla Ice -- who were you rooting for?

Neither. I didn't really care.

Jul 8, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #9 of 31
She deserved it!
Ripping off tunes is certainly not the way to go.

Jul 8, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPatcH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just waiting for The Winstons to cash in on every time anyone has ever sold a song with the amen break in it. They'd be billionaires!

So would the Beatles if they copyrighted the line "yea, yea, yea". The most ridiculous lyrics ever and still bands use it when they can't come up with anything to rhyme with their other silly lyrics.

Jul 8, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So would the Beatles if they copyrighted the line "yea, yea, yea". The most ridiculous lyrics ever and still bands use it when they can't come up with anything to rhyme with their other silly lyrics.

Of which, Avril is the guiltiest of all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back