AVOID! Please, for your hearing, stay away from iBasso DX50
Apr 16, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #136 of 177

Try this:
1.Update to latest firmware. If you have it already, do the steps below then update again to the latest firmware after steps 2 and 3 below.
2.Copy your files first, if you haven't done so already, than reformat the player (take out the SD card)
3.Reset the player to all original settings.

See if this does anything. Good luck.

It's very very nice of you...thank you very much...:)

I'll try later.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #137 of 177

Try this:
1.Update to latest firmware. If you have it already, do the steps below then update again to the latest firmware after steps 2 and 3 below.
2.Copy your files first, if you haven't done so already, than reformat the player (take out the SD card)
3.Reset the player to all original settings.

See if this does anything. Good luck.

In point 2) you say reformat the player, If I understand, you do it while player connected to PC, right? Like when you reformat a SD card for example?

Thank you.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #138 of 177

In point 2) you say reformat the player, If I understand, you do it while player connected to PC, right? Like when you reformat a SD card for example?

Thank you.

I don't have the player in front of me, but it is a setting within the player. It may be worded differently than reformat but it does the same.
So, no don't do it from the pc, do it from the advanced settings (I believe), with it not connected to pc.
If you still have problems or can't find it, message me, I can check tonight since my player is at home and walk you through what I did.

It seems to have worked for me.

Good luck.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #139 of 177

I don't have the player in front of me, but it is a setting within the player. It may be worded differently than reformat but it does the same.
So, no don't do it from the pc, do it from the advanced settings (I believe), with it not connected to pc.
If you still have problems or can't find it, message me, I can check tonight since my player is at home and walk you through what I did.

It seems to have worked for me.

Good luck.

Thank you Carisan.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #140 of 177
Anyone upgraded to DX50 from Clip+/ClipZip...any SQ improvement...or just marginal ?

May 22, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #142 of 177

Abyssal (with CIEM) until it blows and destroy your internal ears.
After... no differences at all.

Is that the case even with Rockbox on this little machine ? !!
I thought these sound peak issues would have been ironed out by now on original OS or Rockbox if it is an issue on both systems...

May 22, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #143 of 177

Is that the case even with Rockbox on this little machine ? !!
I thought these sound peak issues would have been ironed out by now on original OS or Rockbox if it is an issue on both systems...

I don't buy DAP that encountered this issue.
Damages are lifelong and losses can be dramatic.
IEMs are able to destroy them immediately.
REMEMBER THAT EARS ARE EXTREMELY FRAGILE AND IRREPARABLES

May 22, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #144 of 177

I don't buy DAP that encountered this issue.
Damages are lifelong and losses can be dramatic.
IEMs are able to destroy tem immediately.
REMEMBER THAT EARS ARE EXTREMELY FRAGILE AND IRREPARABLES

So Silverprout to be clear, the DX50 as it stands with either rockbox or native OS will randomly blast your eardrums, is that what you are saying ?
Is this just not an isolated issue with older revisions of the native port of Android on this DAP and they have since cleared it up ?

May 22, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #145 of 177

So Silverprout to be clear, the DX50 as it stands with either rockbox or native OS will randomly blast your eardrums, is that what you are saying ?
Is this just not an isolated issue with older revisions of the native port of Android on this DAP and they have since cleared it up ?

No, i'm not sure but the risk exists with this DAP.
IEMs are able of sound pressure that can immediately destroy your internal ears for life.
A stapedius muscle is linked to your typan to limit its mecanical excusion and prevent nerve destruction.
IEM at full power exceeds its ultimate immediate résistance and destroy immediately the nerve cells (and they NEVER RECOVER)
Do you know russian roulette !

May 22, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #146 of 177
What worries me an equal amount recently with my DX50 is the power relay not working properly every time I switch the unit  on/off. I mean...I'm running some - $300 - $650 sensitive hybrid IEM's with my DX50, the awfully loud pop sound it makes (and at random) is'nt really acceptable. Sometimes it boots silently, other times a huge crack of power surges through my IEM's either on boot up/down. The other day when I shut it down  the unit let out this 'butterfly sound' of crackling power from the headphone out that made a pair of full-size SHR440 sound like someone gave them an electric shock!

Yes, please recommend I unplug / plug my IEM's in every time I boot / shut down my DX50. I don't think I should have to do that. Lucklily I do use an amp because I'm not fond the HO, but still, some people are running some very expensive IEM's with tiny balanced armatures

Not cool iBasso!

May 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #147 of 177
  What worries me an equal amount recently with my DX50 is the power relay not working properly every time I switch the unit  on/off. I mean...I'm running some - $300 - $650 sensitive hybrid IEM's with my DX50, the awfully loud pop sound it makes (and at random) is'nt really acceptable. Sometimes it boots silently, other times a huge crack of power surges through my IEM's either on boot up/down. The other day when I shut it down  the unit let out this 'butterfly sound' of crackling power from the headphone out that made a pair of full-size SHR440 sound like someone gave them an electric shock!

Yes, please recommend I unplug / plug my IEM's in every time I boot / shut down my DX50. I don't think I should have to do that. Lucklily I do use an amp because I'm not fond the HO, but still, some people are running some very expensive IEM's with tiny balanced armatures

Not cool iBasso!

I'm fascinated by people that buy stuff able to destroy their essential faculties... so easely.
A kind of automutilation

May 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #149 of 177

Well it's not like it was written on the website anywhere, are we meant to know by telepathy?

I'm sorry,

I recently e-mailed Shure to know what sound pressure can achieve a little combo composed of a SE530 with a Sansa clip... more than 150db
Immagine it with a powerfull player like the DX50... no comments.

Stapedius reflex reduces sound intensities :

At more than 121 dB It can't resists, The inner ear is damaged irreparably.
At 121 dB, it resists 7 s. Then the inner ear can be damaged irreparably.
At 109 dB, it resists 1 minute 52 secondes.
At 100 dB, it resists 15 minutes approximatively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_reflex

At sound pressure of 150 db the sound is becoming a shock wave... like you are in a big explosion (or full throttle jet reactor at one meter)

May 22, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #150 of 177

I'm sorry,

I recently e-mailed Shure to know what sound pressure can achieve a little combo composed of a SE530 with a Sansa clip... more than 150db
Immagine it with a powerfull player like the DX50... no comments.

Stapedius reflex reduces sound intensities :

At more than 121 dB It can't resists, The inner ear can be damaged irreparably.
At 121 dB, It resits 7 s. Then the inner ear can be damaged irreparably.
At 109 dB, It resits 1 minute 52 seconds.
At 100 dB, It resits 15 minutes approximatively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_reflex

At sound pressure of 150 db the sound is becoming a shock wave... like you are in a big explosion.

Very interesting information Silverprouts. 

There's no denying the bug (which we thought was cured) is a serious issue, my exact thoughts when it first occurred many months ago on an earlier firmware. We really assumed for sometime it was patched in a firmware update, well, it appeared that way until more reports surfaced most recently (but not at the same percentages as originally)

And I agree, I was very vocal about it last year, it's like a ticking time bomb, if you cannot rip out the IEM plug in time you're going to cop an ear full. But, one must understand when the volume bug occurs it doesn't surge to 100% volume instantly, it goes up gradually in increments about 6-8 steps at a time with a short delay inbetween. So you will hear it slowly creeping up further and further  ., it's not a sudden shock (((BAM IN YO FACE BOI)))) to 100% from my experience but more the volume getting stuck in an upwards motion and not stopping.

All I can suggest is to use an amp and bypass the headphone out, as you can achieve better sound quality anyway doing this with DX50.

Is that the answer? No, no it isn't  but it sure as hell defeats the relay switch problem and volume bug. 

I gather you own a DX50 that's why you're so concerned? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back