average listening periods...
Jun 19, 2005 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 84

snowy

Head-Fier
Topic most likely have been covered before but, how many hours do you on average have your headphones on a day?

lately i've been going to the library to study, and i can say easily i've got my 280s on for a good 12 hours a day... is that too much?? =o=

Jun 19, 2005 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 84
I use my computer-as-source most of the time, so I tend to listen to music when I'm surfing or doing other stuff. Sometimes I'll have the headphones on for several hours a day, some days not at all, it really just depends. I don't think I own nearly enough music to listen 12 hours a day without getting bored.

Jun 19, 2005 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 84
~7 hours per day, ~every day.

Jun 19, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #5 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elec
I use my computer-as-source most of the time, so I tend to listen to music when I'm surfing or doing other stuff. Sometimes I'll have the headphones on for several hours a day, some days not at all, it really just depends. I don't think I own nearly enough music to listen 12 hours a day without getting bored.

Same here, Music Upgrades are a must!! More Cds More Cds

Jun 19, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #7 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by White Fox
2 hr/day. I have quit multi-tasking and listening to music. I find it hard to really 'listen' (atleast with the music I listen to) when doing other things.

I sometimes have to multi-task, becasue if i dont i fall asleep.

Jun 19, 2005 at 2:58 PM Post #8 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by White Fox
2 hr/day. I have quit multi-tasking and listening to music. I find it hard to really 'listen' (atleast with the music I listen to) when doing other things.

I find it hard to do things without listening to music! I have to listen in class or while studying to improve my efficiency

Jun 19, 2005 at 3:05 PM Post #9 of 84
Music is a distraction to me, the only things i can do while not concentrating on music is gaming and surfing the net, cant read books or write or anything else haha

Jun 19, 2005 at 3:06 PM Post #10 of 84
For me it depends on the day and even the time of year. I listen at work with a portable setup for 2-3 hours some days. Some days not at all as I am in meetings or am interrupted by coworkers or the phone.

At home I would like to listen to my speaker setup for a couple of hours a day but I find it difficult to find the time especially in the warmer months. In the winter it is much easier as the around the house chores diminish.

I also have a player and amp in my upstairs office and I listen for an hour or so a day while surfing, reading email and while here at Head-Fi

Jun 19, 2005 at 3:47 PM Post #12 of 84
Like I wrote before I averge ~7 hours a day I think. Mondays through Wednesdays it is going to be ~4 or so with Thrusdays being more like ~7, Friday-Sunday gets the heavy rotation of ~10-12 hours a day.

Jun 19, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #13 of 84
I wear my 280's at work pretty much most of the day when I'm not doing other stuff where I have to hear what's going on, you know like meetings, flirting, that kind of thing.

Of course I've had my HP-MD33's in for my hour's commute before I get to work... So, I probably listen for 10 - 12 hours a day...

Jun 19, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #15 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Julz
I wear my 280's at work pretty much most of the day when I'm not doing other stuff where I have to hear what's going on, you know like meetings, flirting, that kind of thing.

Of course I've had my HP-MD33's in for my hour's commute before I get to work... So, I probably listen for 10 - 12 hours a day...

10-12 hours a day, sheesh, that is some serious time! If you don't mind my asking, what do you do? As a job that is? If you don't desire to delve into it here I understand, this is a place where many go to get away from things like work. I am just curious the diffirent genres of job place that allow full-size cans on their workers. I currently work at a job where headphones of any kind are right out.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back