Avatars missing in Safari with iPhone/iPad
Jul 31, 2010 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
In the past couple of days, I've noticed that avatars are not showing up when I use the iPhone or iPad. Occasionally, one will get through and the rest of the thread displays blank boxes. I've installed the latest updates and have no trouble seeing avatars in other forums, so I don't think AT&T is throttling them. Also, the avatars show up under OS X Safari, as well as several other browsers I use. The iPhone isn't displaying a broken link, so I am fairly certain the issue is with Huddler.

Also, I continue to have problems with text boxes and line breaks on mobile. These have been reported and have not been acted upon. There are probably over ten million iPhones and iPads out there - not an insignificant number of users.

Jul 31, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm having the same problem over wi-fi, so it's definitely not AT&T.

I also witnessed the same behavior on another Huddler forum this week.

Aug 2, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 5
I think this avatar issue (which I am also seeing on an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4 and an iPad) may be related to the avatar fade-in effect.  I am asking for the removal of this avatar fade-in effect not just for this reason.

As for the problems with mobile posting/editing:  I am also experiencing these problems, and have reported several mobile-related bugs/glitches.  They are being worked on.

Aug 2, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks, Jude!

Aug 11, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 5
Woo-hoo! The avatars are back on my iPad!

Thank You!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back