Avara Custom/Universal IEM Thread
Jan 12, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #91 of 192
The universals look really comfy to wear :D Anyone familiar with AV4/AV6 to compare with se846?

I personally like Shure SE846 sound a lot, AV4 is tuned to mid and vocal lover (it will not be as fun as 846 for sure)....AV6 is what you can consider if you like 846 with more thump and energy (AV6 has lower and deeper bass freq, and qty wise it has slightly bigger bass qty as well), mid wise, Shure 846 will be more analog compared with AV6. AV6 really shines if you listen to mostly modern mainstream music I think...:D

Jan 12, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #92 of 192
I personally like Shure SE846 sound a lot, AV4 is tuned to mid and vocal lover (it will not be as fun as 846 for sure)....AV6 is what you can consider if you like 846 with more thump and energy (AV6 has lower and deeper bass freq, and qty wise it has slightly bigger bass qty as well), mid wise, Shure 846 will be more analog compared with AV6. AV6 really shines if you listen to mostly modern mainstream music I think...:D
Thanks for reply :D

Jan 14, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #93 of 192
Thanks a lot for sharing @jonsim86 ......next time will be coffee with me, sorry was rushing on my last trip there...:)

@alvon19 Of course. Hope to see you again soon.

Yes i like the mids/vocals with a decent amount of bass( not on the bassheads level) ,
how about the soundstage depth and height ( the height/tall soundstage is more important for me)

As for the depth/height I i might be inaccurate, but i is the same as seating in the concert theatre at the first row, but the percussions are placed in the front of the orchestra but at the side.
so you can hear its presence. but not overwhelming. I will say, the information i provided is base on only a few hours of demoing, and very inexperienced. so i would say.. take it with a tablespoon of salt! haha

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #94 of 192
Got my ear impressions made just before new year, now impatiently waiting to have my AV3 Ciem with me :D

anyway, i auditioned the AV1s, AV2, and AV3 in Jaben with just my phone and i felt like the only one that suits me is the AV3 with its fullbodied sound. so with that in mind, any recommendation for a DAP to pair with AV3? been looking from Shanling m2s, Cayin N5ii, up to AK100ii, and wonder which would suit AV3 best..

Jan 15, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #95 of 192
@alvon19 Of course. Hope to see you again soon.

As for the depth/height I i might be inaccurate, but i is the same as seating in the concert theatre at the first row, but the percussions are placed in the front of the orchestra but at the side.
so you can hear its presence. but not overwhelming. I will say, the information i provided is base on only a few hours of demoing, and very inexperienced. so i would say.. take it with a tablespoon of salt! haha
Thank you very much ,

Jan 15, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #96 of 192
just got my AV6, great ciem.

the bass, man. it's pretty addicting.
IMG_20180115_230659.jpg

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #102 of 192
I've recently ordered a pair of AV4 after a demo of the Avara lineup. Really liked it, sound character is similar with AV2 and it is a touch smoother/more natural. Will be sharing more when it's arrived.

For the best value, or price-to-performance I'd highly recommend the AV1S. The AV1S sounds super-balanced. The bass has good energy, the midrange is clear, and the treble is smooth. It's my personal favourite after AV2.

The AV6 shares some similarities with AV3 in SQ. With the 6 having a wider reach/more extended frequency, and a higher resolution overall. Both equally fun. They have a v-shaped tuning; good strong bass, and a nice sparkly treble.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #103 of 192
I've recently ordered a pair of AV4 after a demo of the Avara lineup. Really liked it, sound character is similar with AV2 and it is a touch smoother/more natural. Will be sharing more when it's arrived.

For the best value, or price-to-performance I'd highly recommend the AV1S. The AV1S sounds super-balanced. The bass has good energy, the midrange is clear, and the treble is smooth. It's my personal favourite after AV2.

The AV6 shares some similarities with AV3 in SQ. With the 6 having a wider reach/more extended frequency, and a higher resolution overall. Both equally fun. They have a v-shaped tuning; good strong bass, and a nice sparkly treble.
Good informative post,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back