Avantree Saturn Pro
May 1, 2015 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

moggi1964

New Head-Fier
May 1, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 14
Did you know that there won't be an advantage in hooking a bluetooth transmitter to your DAC vs. directly to your computer?

May 1, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 14
I'm streaming the audio via ethernet from my main system to a laptop that then bypasses the internal DAC and sends it to the Emotiva so i figured the processed data would be better at the DAC than the laptop.

The main computer is in another room so BT would have to go through two walls to feed the phones.

May 1, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 14
I'm streaming the audio via ethernet from my main system to a laptop that then bypasses the internal DAC and sends it to the Emotiva so i figured the processed data would be better at the DAC than the laptop.

There should be absolutely no difference.

May 1, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 14
So are you saying that the data that goes to the BT Saturn Pro would also not be processed through the laptop DAC?

Surely you aren't saying that the soundcard DAC in the laptop is the equal of the Emotiva DAC?

Am I missing something?

May 1, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 14
Bluetooth takes a digital audio signal, compresses it (according to the transmitter and receiver protocols), and sends it to your headset which has it's own DAC and amplifier built in. The DAC and analog audio processing of your soundcard or Emotiva have nothing to do with it.

May 1, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 14
I see; thank you, I didn't realise that is how the BT worked. Digital is still a learning process for me.

So, now that I have a better understanding of the technology, has anyone anything to add about the Saturn Pro or do I need to be the guinea pig on the SP - Pendulumic relationship?

May 1, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #8 of 14
Yep. I just looked up the specs on your headphones. Since your Penulums have AptX, you'll want a bluetooth transmitter with that because it's a better protocol than standard bluetooth. But otherwise, just look for the one that will hook up to your computer that has good transmission range ability. Apparently some transmitters are a bit weak, from what I have read.

May 1, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #9 of 14
Thank you.

The Saturn Pro has AptX (with a Low Latency Codec which I don't think the Pendulumic supports, at least not yet) so it seems to fit the bill.

I've ordered one off of Amazon so I'll have chance to try it out pretty soon. I'll post my thoughts here.

May 12, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #10 of 14
Worked a treat. Decent signal strength means I can wander around the house and it takes a few walls to be in the way before the signal gets interrupted.

Easy setup, very compact device and comes with the bonus of being both Tx and Rx.

Sound quality seems excellent though more time with it will tell.

Overall, a very good investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back