AV30's with onboard vs uDAC
Apr 10, 2010 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

utkusu

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Currently I have AV30s connected to my desktop onboard sound card.I think it is realtek ALC888 or something to that effect. I am sure it is a decent one as far as onboard sound goes, it even has digital in/out.

I was wondering if I were to get uDAC and use them with my AV30s, would I get a benefit in terms of sound quality? I really don't know what to expect. Anyone has any idea?

cheers,

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks. I kinda suspected that. I guess than the idea is to get better speakers first (e.g. A5's). I need to save for that
smily_headphones1.gif

cheers,

Jul 4, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Thanks. I kinda suspected that. I guess than the idea is to get better speakers first (e.g. A5's). I need to save for that
smily_headphones1.gif

cheers,

Once you get them can you please give me a feedback? I have the ALC888 onboard sound card as well with my Equation Audio RP-21s hooked up to them.

So far it sounds great, and vs the Creative Audigy SE I used to own, I could not tell the slightest difference. The Audigy SE were cheap anyway so it wasn't much of a loss.

I'd still love to know if there would be any differences with the uDAC added in the setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back