1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Auzen X-Fi Bravura VS Asus Xonar DX

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by denon2010, Aug 3, 2010.
  1. Denon2010
    I am now down to buying either the Xonar DS, Xonar DX or Auzen X-Fi Bravura

I am using a Senheiser HD 555 currently with onboard andit sounds like garbage

however I need to upgrade my ancient Athlon X2 5000

And if there is little to no difference in the Xonar DX and DS would be awesome.

If however there is a big difference between these 2 xonar and the Auzen X-Fi Bravura then I may have to buy it, its on Amazon for $130 USD the Auzen X-Fi Bravura that is

The xonar DS is $50 and the DX is $80

all cards come with free shipping

I used the xonar DX before and it sounded magnificant

But some folks seem to suggest I still need an amp and I would notice a massive difference.

What the heck?

2. ROBSCIX
    If you are not into gaming or changing opamps..etc then go with the Xonars -since you are trying to save some money.
    IIRC, the HD555's are low impedance and do not require a headphone amplifier.
    The DS is the entry level Xonar...the DX is up a bit higher in quality BUT if you can hear those differences with your phones is the other question.
    If you already had the DX and liked it, why go with something else?

Denon2010 likes this.
  3. Denon2010
    Hmm good point and also I believe the DX comes with dolby licenses while the DS does not

So the Xonar DX according to a lot of people would be better since it has the dolby licenses.

You are right man I will go with the DX

I had it once and it was beyond this world. And unlike the Denon D2000 I had, which was 25 ohms BUT low sensitivity.

The Sens HD555 are 50 ohms BUT much higher sensitivity

So the Xonar runs it beyond magnificent.

I believe I will be going with the Xonar DX. I had it, was great, read great things about it and doubt I should change

Cause lets face it the Bravura is $50 more and I am trying to save money as money is a major factor to me.

4. Denon2010
    BTW I am surprised that you guys at GURU 3D did not do a review on the Xonar DS

I am surprised Asus did not send a sample

I mean they market it on their site as though its greater than their top of the line STX

So I think if you guys ever get a hold of it you should do a review for the budget guys out there

But for me I am going back with my trust Xonar DX

5. oporto
    what about the Asus Xonar DX2???  i kno its out of the budget but i have a similar problem, i dont know if i should go for the Asus Xonar DX2, Auzen X-Fi Bravura or the HT Omega claro plus+

which would be better for gaming, movies AND music????