Auto insurance in the US
Jun 27, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 26
Safeco a few tickets a totaled car of 12k on my fault and still good rates and they dont tug you around on claim issues. Some stupid painters were painting a building and ended up over spraying all over my car. Called Safeco they took care of it i put down my 150 deduct for whatever type of claim it was they went fixed up the paint then gave me my 150 back once they won the suit on the painting company.

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 26
The Hartford, paid me very quickly when i had a car accident.
I have Geico though. Im still waiting for my pie and chips!
And where is my buttered english muffin and jam???

Jun 27, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #6 of 26
Interesting that you only named direct writers and not independent companies. After 30 years of selling insurance I would say the top three independent companies are Auto-Owners, Westfield and Secura based on a combination of quality products and top notch claims service. The two most consistant direct writers seem to be State Farm and AAA. USAA has a loyal following for military members and their families.

Many fine companies, most with uneven performance. If you can find a good agent they can help guide you to a great choice for you!

Jun 27, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #7 of 26
We have geico, its rates are very competitive against other major insurance company. So far, I have 5 accidents, 2 were at fault accident and we were sued by a frivolous lawsuit from one of those accident. I've been satisfied with them so far. Statefarm is known as generous w/ claims however they are much more expensive. I heard many bad stories w/ allstate.

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #8 of 26
I have Allstate and I have never had any issues with them at all, plus I have really good rates.

My car was into a few years ago and Farmers Insurance was the company of the person that hit me and they were also really easy to deal with. I actually considered moving over to them but they were about $200 more.

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 26
Metlife.

None of the drivers on the policy have had a moving violation or had any damage to a car other than what would be covered by comprehensive insurance (which I do carry). However, about 10 years ago we had a very violent hail storm with three cars sitting outside. The total damage was ~$14K. Metlife paid without comment and my rates have never really changed.

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #10 of 26
We have New Jersey Manufacturers. They're cheaper than all of the above, and very fast. Great coverage, high estimates, etc. We like them.

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #11 of 26
Well, some others you didn't include are Met Life, Travelers, Allied and Merastar. Liberty Mutual and Safeco were already mentioned. Since I work for an insurance broker and I deal with many of these companies on a regular basis, I am going to remain neutral and keep my mouth shut.

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #12 of 26
AAA of Southern California. Been with them for years, they've always been good to me. Rates are almost 50% of the other big companies I've gotten quotes from, including those on your list.

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #13 of 26
Sorry about only listing the publicized ones.. I don't know much (anything) about insurance companies so I just picked the ones I knew off the top of my head. So far it seems that independent companies are better?

zotjen - I won't hold it against you if you can give me a couple pointers.
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
zotjen - I won't hold it against you if you can give me a couple pointers.
wink.gif

Well, by keeping my mouth shut I was referring to not disclosing things about some of the morons I have to deal with from the business side of things, not necessarily who has the best coverage, etc.

Jun 27, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AAA of Southern California. Been with them for years, they've always been good to me. Rates are almost 50% of the other big companies I've gotten quotes from, including those on your list.

x 2, CSAA has been great, free roadside assistance, towing, membership discounts. State Farm sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back