Authorized dealers in the EU besides hifi headphones?
Oct 20, 2008 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

glires

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing the Sleek Audio SA6, but am concerned about possible import tax when buying from outside the EU.
The only suitable shop I found selling the SA6 are hifi headphones, but their offer is overpriced at £150 (US$260).

Are there any other authorized dealers in the EU?

Thank you.

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 8
Let's work this out:

$199 at soundearphones.com plus $25 international shipping=$224.

UK import duty for headphones (TARIC 1815xxxx) is 2% plus 17.5% VAT - which has to be paid on goods and shipping costs of getting to the EU.

If you convert currency at current market rate the final cost works out at £156.16 (and you'll probably get a poorer exchange rate from your credit card).

The £150 from hifi headphone looks OK to me...

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 8
Dear Glires,
Over here I sale the SA6 for 179€, but if you live in the UK unless you are planning a trip to Paris , I will advise you to get them from get them from Hifi headphones.

"You falsely assume" that Euro vendors are charged the same as US vendors for shipping.
tongue.gif
hence the small price difference.

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by glires /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BobK, you falsely assume that vendors have to pay retail prices.

Nope - I'd just assumed you were talking about a personal import from a US retailer...

Jan 23, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #7 of 8
Hi-Fi headphones are great - I'm just a happy customer. Don't forget the £25 that Royal Mail will charge as a handling fee on top of VAT and duty plus the hassle of getting the goods. It's happened regularly on stuff I've got directly from USA and Asia and as a result I don't any more! Given today's exchange rate of £1 = $1.35 HIFI headphones current price of £159.95 is pretty good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back