Type
For Sale
Currency
AUD
Price
May 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

mrAdrian

Headphoneus Supremus
For sale is a Darkvoice 336i that I have bought 2nd hand from a friend. The amp is in good condition particularly if you consider its age. Fully functional of course, and will come with a dozen of different tubes I have tested it with.

You must not miss out on it if you happen to own a Sennheiser HD580, HD600 or HD650; or any other headphones with high impedance. I have tried it with vintage AKGs and Beyerdynamic DT880 with very great results. Please come and visit me if you happen to live in Sydney!

If you could still not tell, I absolutely love this amp. Only selling because I have upgraded to the La Figaro 339

[UPDATE]
Please see post #4 for tube list.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #4 of 16

mrAdrian

Headphoneus Supremus
I shall include a RCA 6AS7 and two of the selected 6sn7 in the following list:

1. Sylvania GT Ladder Plates (+$5)
  2. Sylvania GTB (x3)

1. Tung-Sol Mouse Ears (+$5)
  2. Tung-Sol GTB
  3. Tung-Sol GTB with a tall bottle (+$5)
  4. Tung-Sol 5998 !!! (+$45)

1. RCA Black Glass (+$5)
  2. RCA Clear Glass

1. Hytron (x2) (+$5)
  2. Raytheon

And some free tubes so you can try tube rolling or sell on ebay for me:
  1. Emmerson (I am suspecting that being a chrome dome)
  2. Miniwatt Australia (Philips?)
  3. GE GTB (x2)

I do notice I've included 'a dozen of tubes' in my description but that was when I was selling at $250... Anyway of course everything is negotiable so feel free to pm and discuss!

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 16

mrAdrian

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't notice any problems with channel imbalance or not enough gain with pretty much all of my headphones incl hd580

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #7 of 16

Mshenay

Headphoneus Supremus
Cmon US buyers, this thins is only $188 right now [no including shipping] with the AUS worth about .9 USD  Us Americans can get a killer sweet deal! [even the Canadians can too] 

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #9 of 16

DMax99

500+ Head-Fier
I am very DISAPPOINTED mrAdrian!!

I have paid straight away for this amp on the 9/9/13 via a Paypal invoice (which took him a couple of days to send it to me after our negotiation of the price and deal). He claims that he has finally sent it on the 13/9/13 (excuses after excuses, and each time I have to patiently say yes to him because I have no choice). I then asked him for a tracking number as a proof of postage (every shipping via AUSPOST will have a tracking number on the receipt) but he NEVER replied, makes me wonder if he has really sent it or not.

I decided to send him another message saying that I am not completely happy with this transaction as I was NOT satisfied with his communications with me after the payment. Throughout the whole transaction process he made me felt like he wasn't totally happy with the deal or something so he is holding the amp back maybe waiting for another opportunity to sell it to another buyer for a BETTER price.

Guess what happened today??! He suddenly canceled the transaction on me and refunded me the Paypal payment today WITHOUT even discussing with me first (I thought after a deal is struck between 2 people; anything that is going to change with that deal have to be agreed upon by those 2 people again)!!! 

I then tried to call him several time tonight but he NEVER answered. He however, did decide to reply to my message on Headfi telling me that he has given this amp to his friend because he thought that his friend would appreciate and enjoy it better???!!! 

Wow, this is unbelievable. Not only he hasn't been totally honest with me through all this time, but he has also wasted both of my time and excitement waiting for this amp! 

At this moment of time he still has NOT tell me why the amp got returned by the AUSPOST to him nor has he given me a tracking number or receipt for the shipping that he CLAIMED to have done on the 13th.

ps. Sorry Mods, I thought I would explain my experience with this seller here because the word limit in the feedback section was simply not enough to clearly explain what has happened. Furthermore, this sort of attitude and behaviour shoud NOT be tolerated in a community like this so our members can continue to trust each other.

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #10 of 16

Mshenay

Headphoneus Supremus
Ouch I almost got this... glad I did no :/

but for a +17 this is a little... un called for? Although I might assume his friend ... this friend BETTER be a female lol 

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #11 of 16

mrAdrian

Headphoneus Supremus
Welp, can't please everyone. I hope my rest strong positive feedbacks could speak for myself.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #12 of 16

mrAdrian

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got to say, however, that the feeling you have when your friend comes in, gets excited about the amp, trying out different combinations, reporting every single change back to you, and be genuinely happy about the purchase... is much better than getting lost at bargaining, counting tubes, urging another person to respond to gazillions of phone calls or texts or pm's.

That's why I didn't even bother. The transaction made me feel sick. At the price I offered, $200 + shipping with all tubes included, I think I have done an already fair job to keep both ends happy. I just do not feel like my amp would be as loved as with my friend than in your hands.

You've enjoyed my Grado SR80s after asking if I am an Asian and hence are there any catches in my deal, when I just think recabling a broken pair of headphones and putting it back into the market for good prices is fun and helpful to the headfi community.

And no I did not ship the amp on Friday. I told you that because you were on a messaging spree and I had enough of it.

You've given me a negative feedback. I won't do the same as I have been irresponsible and very reluctant when dealing with you. I got into financial situations otherwise I really don't want to deal at all. Gladly, a friend stepped in after buying himself a pair of DT880s, now the world is happy.

That said, I do owe you an apology for pulling out from a transaction. I've refunded your money. Hope you can find a better amp with the money mate.

Sincerely,
Adrian

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #13 of 16

Mshenay

Headphoneus Supremus
  I've got to say, however, that the feeling you have when your friend comes in, gets excited about the amp, trying out different combinations, reporting every single change back to you, and be genuinely happy about the purchase... is much better than getting lost at bargaining, counting tubes, urging another person to respond to gazillions of phone calls or texts or pm's.

That's why I didn't even bother. The transaction made me feel sick. At the price I offered, $200 + shipping with all tubes included, I think I have done an already fair job to keep both ends happy. I just do not feel like my amp would be as loved as with my friend than in your hands.

You've enjoyed my Grado SR80s after asking if I am an Asian and hence are there any catches in my deal, when I just think recabling a broken pair of headphones and putting it back into the market for good prices is fun and helpful to the headfi community.

And no I did not ship the amp on Friday. I told you that because you were on a messaging spree and I had enough of it.

You've given me a negative feedback. I won't do the same as I have been irresponsible and very reluctant when dealing with you. I got into financial situations otherwise I really don't want to deal at all. Gladly, a friend stepped in after buying himself a pair of DT880s, now the world is happy.

That said, I do owe you an apology for pulling out from a transaction. I've refunded your money. Hope you can find a better amp with the money mate.

Sincerely,
Adrian

I agree but this is buiness, you agree'd to sell your amp then you accepted your payment for the amp. Once you've recieved payment for something that item DOES NOT belong to you, it is YOUR responisiblity to hold your end of the bargin and ship that item ASAP. Once you got payment for it, you should not have let your friend test the amp because it was not yours to allow him to try. Granted you gave the buyer his money back, but that is not how you do buisness. When your selling something and you accpet payment for that item you HONOR that agreement. 

It does not matter that you felt your orignal buyer "would not have loved it" you already accepted payment from him, 

If you had done that to some one in your local area, and you made a deal face to face you could end up in court.  

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #14 of 16

DMax99

500+ Head-Fier

I agree but this is buiness, you agree'd to sell your amp then you accepted your payment for the amp. Once you've recieved payment for something that item DOES NOT belong to you, it is YOUR responisiblity to hold your end of the bargin and ship that item ASAP. Once you got payment for it, you should not have let your friend test the amp because it was not yours to allow him to try. Granted you gave the buyer his money back, but that is not how you do buisness. When your selling something and you accpet payment for that item you HONOR that agreement. 

It does not matter that you felt your orignal buyer "would not have loved it" you already accepted payment from him, 

If you had done that to some one in your local area, and you made a deal face to face you could end up in court.  

THANKS Mshenay!

That's exactly how I felt! A stab in the back!! That's why I have decided to write my first EVER complaint post here!!

It's so good to see that there are still members here with  good conscious and integrity!. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #15 of 16

DMax99

500+ Head-Fier

Sincerely,
Adrian

Lol, If you have kept both end happy why did your end pull out? I don't think it's fair that you have judged me and said that I would not have enjoyed the amp as much as your amp. The only reason why I was not happy was your attitude of after payment-service as you have HARDLY reply my messages after the payment (hence the frequent messages). However, I was very much looking forward to listen to the amp and would have treated like a treasure like my other amps (i look after my stuff very well)!

Plus, I would have still given you a positive feedback after I get the amp!

I was trying to be very nice in the other post but I think the reason why you pulled out of this transaction was purely based on money and profit. You have probably changed your mind because you have found out that the postage ($18) was way yo low to cover the postage fee to me since the amp was too heavy. Who knows if you have really given it to your friend? you have probably sold it locally to a stranger at the same price but without the postage cost. 

ps. You know you could have asked me to pay a bit more for the postage and I would've happy to pay a bi more as well. It's all about COMMUNICATING mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread