Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #3,154 of 3,454
These micro drivers all seem to be pretty much the same. Difference seems to come down to the damping material(bass port)/nozzle filter. 

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #3,157 of 3,454
Does it look like it would be easy to change the cable?

Yes, but I would not touch it - everything is so small ))). I know one guy who can probably make it, will check with him

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #3,159 of 3,454
You could also ask BTG-Audio.

On another note, the 5 year warranty is amazing, and I think you just voided it.
frown.gif

I have replaced a standard jack with a 2.5 mm balanced jack in the past so they are not a subject for the warranty anyway.

The thing is that the signal was lost in the right channel and later on in the left channel that was the reason to disassemble it - wires tore off. You can see it on the picture - I did not cut these wires ))

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #3,161 of 3,454

I have replaced a standard jack with a 2.5 mm balanced jack in the past so they are not a subject for the warranty anyway.

The thing is that the signal was lost in the right channel and later on in the left channel that was the reason to disassemble it - wires tore off. You can see it on the picture - I did not cut these wires ))

Hey how did you open it up? Is it glued together or is it screwed on or is it something else all together? I was looking at the picture and it almost looked like it was screwed on but when I tried to unscrew it it didn't do anything - and I certainly didn't want to force it if that is not how it's meant to work haha.

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #3,163 of 3,454
One of the drivers bit the dust in my pair awhile back....very disappointed, especially since I bought them used (no warranty transfer). I could send them in to have them fix them, but it'd cost nearly as much as another used set. Ouch.

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #3,165 of 3,454
Have you contacted them anyway? You never know what they might offer to do unless you ask...

Yeah, I did. Andy said cost of the repair 'shouldn't be more than $49 plus shipping', so including the cost of shipping them to the U.S., it's an expensive fix and potentially more so based on the 'should'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back