Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #3,106 of 3,454

Anyone have a favorite tip to go with these in ears? I still love the sound, but I blew through the ones included, then ordered "Comply Tsx-500 Comfort PLUS Earphone Tips" and made the mistake of ordering a mixed size instead of just the Medium and I went through those pretty quick as well (although they were much better than the stock tips). Thanks.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #3,108 of 3,454
  Just one more to massdrop launch rockets again. Any candidate?

Pretty sure its 1 more vote required before Massdrop contacts the dealer and tries to arrange the deal again.

Sep 17, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #3,110 of 3,454

url to the massdrop?

I dont know it, I just know thats usually how they work. Its not like they contact dealers about a deal and then wait for interest before they launch it, that would be inefficient on them. They see if interest is there and then use that as a number to bring to the dealer and get a group buy going. Only if the dealer is willing to do some sort of deal do they put up a drop for it. If no deal is struck, then even with interest shown they cannot just put up a drop for it.

Sep 20, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #3,113 of 3,454
Anybody has recommendations for DAPs? I'm using the x1 together with the rockets but they fall out at the slightest tug. I'm considering to sell the x1 to get the Sony a10 series but I'm hoping for a cheaper alternative.

Sep 30, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #3,115 of 3,454
Hi Guys, after reading great reviews I decided to try the Rockets, I just received them like 30 min ago. I want to compare them to my Im02 since I could not find comparisons. But, is it me or the volume is lower on the rockets, granted I'm just using my lg g4, but I have to crank it up all the way up to one click away from max to get the same volume I get with a little more than half the max volume on my im02. 

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #3,118 of 3,454
Yeah, they are A LOT harder to drive than my ASG 2.5,
I usually use around 40-45 volume on my X5 with ASG2.5, wtih the rockets I need 70-75 to reach the same volume.
I'm not sure why 1 dynamic driver would be so much harder than 2BA+1dynamic

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #3,119 of 3,454
Ordered mine today. 
Does anyone own Ortofon e-q8? Wondering how the Rockets sound in comparison.
Is its bass fast enough, soundstage wise, mids, highs...Thanks!

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #3,120 of 3,454
Rockets are much more relaxed in comparison to the EQ-8, due to the EQ-8s more prominent upper mids (3-4 kHz). It just has a more edgy, aggressive sound overall, but there's a holistic quality to its sound that tends to accompany neutralish, single driver designs, and so it just feels even from top to bottom. The EQ-8 is more in your face, as the midrange is more upfront than Rockets. Soundstage I'd probably give to the EQ-8 - it's got a pretty sizable one, with great imaging, but the Rockets aren't too shabby there. Shotgunshane once said the EQ-8 felt like a FIBASS perfected, and although the two signatures aren't exact analogues, there's a tonally saturated/confrontational quality to the EQ-8 that the SS also shares that makes the simile work. The EQ-8's treble isn't as prominent in the upper ranges, so cymbals don't quite possess that sparkly energy, but it's smooth, and the weight feels right. I think the EQ-8 makes a great companion phone to the Rockets, and especially if you like rock music.

I personally think it's an incredible value, and a stellar phone overall. The only thing is it tends to be picky about sources - it's very, very sensitive (just like the FIBASS), requiring little in the way of output before sounding excessively loud. I can't use it with my Leckerton MK II for instance, unless I'm using the headphone out of the iPhone to dial down the line out volume. Good thing is, it sounds great just out of the iPhone, so that tends to be my source 90% of the time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back