Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #3,061 of 3,454
FWIW I've tried a number of different tips with the Rockets and my favourite by a decent margin were the Spiral dots. Easy to get a good seal (struggled with the spinfits), very comfortable, and provide a great balance of detail and bass.

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #3,062 of 3,454
FWIW I've tried a number of different tips with the Rockets and my favourite by a decent margin were the Spiral dots. Easy to get a good seal (struggled with the spinfits), very comfortable, and provide a great balance of detail and bass.

I've also settled on the Spiral Dots after trying MANY different tips. Best balance of seal, comfort and ease of use (vs Comply) that I've found. I also did not have success with the Spinfits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jul 8, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #3,064 of 3,454
I've had my rockets in my pocket all week, and really do like them quite a lot now. I found a set of tips in my tip box that i can't remember which IEMs they came with, but they fit wonderfully and alter the sound perfectly. I've never had this much of a change with tip rolling before. I just wish i could remember what IEMs that these tips came with.

edit: Figured it out. The tips came with my UE200, absolute best so far.

I'd like to try spiral dots, but they're really darn expensive.

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #3,066 of 3,454
Massdrop Rockets came in, cables are 4" shorter than white cabled retail ones.

edit: sorry just measured the difference. massdrop cables are a whole 6" shorter than my white ones. And i bought them for my 6'2" brother.

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #3,068 of 3,454
THESE ARE ******* AWESOME!

Tossed them into an industrial strength laundry machine by accident (in the pockets of one of my exercise shorts). Took them out - drenched. Water in the middle, I honestly thought they were destroyed. Let them dry a bit. I try them on, right ear almost dead - sounds like it was drowning. I was freaking out.

Anyways, I woke up this morning, but decided to try them on anyways.

It was like nothing had even happened to these. They still sound as perfect as the day I got them.

And on top of all that, there's a 5-year warranty.

Talk about customer confidence and product durability. I know of no other IEM maker out there that even comes close to matching Aurisonics in both of these.

Jul 16, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #3,069 of 3,454
THESE ARE ******* AWESOME!

Tossed them into an industrial strength laundry machine by accident (in the pockets of one of my exercise shorts). Took them out - drenched. Water in the middle, I honestly thought they were destroyed. Let them dry a bit. I try them on, right ear almost dead - sounds like it was drowning. I was freaking out.

Anyways, I woke up this morning, but decided to try them on anyways.

It was like nothing had even happened to these. They still sound as perfect as the day I got them.

And on top of all that, there's a 5-year warranty.

Talk about customer confidence and product durability. I know of no other IEM maker out there that even comes close to matching Aurisonics in both of these.

So they got battered and drowned and still work? I think you just beat the Gallagher test.

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #3,071 of 3,454
  I think people are forgetting they're waterproof. Try putting them in a cup of water and playing music out of em. It's entertaining as hell.

I wouldn't recommend doing that. They are water resistant (note I do not say waterproof, since that doesn't actually exist) to IP65. This means that to get that rating they were sprayed with a low pressure water jet at a certain distance for a certain amount of time. However they have the highest possible dust rating, which is something. But as for water, that is 5/8. So it does NOT protect against complete submersion. It can probably survive OK briefly, but it shouldn't be tested for the heck of it. The more you test that the greater chance to have for failure. 

Jul 16, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #3,074 of 3,454

I wouldn't recommend doing that. They are water resistant (note I do not say waterproof, since that doesn't actually exist) to IP65. This means that to get that rating they were sprayed with a low pressure water jet at a certain distance for a certain amount of time. However they have the highest possible dust rating, which is something. But as for water, that is 5/8. So it does NOT protect against complete submersion. It can probably survive OK briefly, but it shouldn't be tested for the heck of it. The more you test that the greater chance to have for failure. 

The only reason I say its possible is because Dale briefly tested it once, was pretty fun but water and electronics never mix.

Jul 16, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #3,075 of 3,454
Sorry if this was already talked about, but is anyone removing the weird 3 legged rocket tail that is on the housing? Is it easily removed and placed back on if necessary, or is it glued on?

Is there a purpose for it?

It helps with a secure fit as it grips your outer ear. You can easily remove and replace it. I liked it fine but since I have no problem with the Rockets staying put I keep them off as it's one less thing to fiddle with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back