Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #3,001 of 3,454
  Just bought my second pair which have black cables and there really is quite a difference. The cables are much more flexible and a lot less stiff than the white ones. I'm wondering if they're as strong. They also feel lighter. Must be some reason why they were only offered during Kickstarter. Sound is identical but these are a lot more comfortable and fit better behind my ears. Decided to give my white ones to my 19 year old who was going through a pair of Apple earphones a week. Needless to say these should do much better :)

The only difference between the black and the white cables is the plastic sheath that covers the wire. The materials on the inside are the exact same.

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #3,003 of 3,454

Novice that I am, I didn't know where the covering is kevlar or the wires themselves. My bad :)

Interesting you say that, I am kinda jealous as my Kickstarter rockets cable is a little stiff for my liking, maybe I made a mistake not getting the black cable.

Jun 17, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #3,004 of 3,454
Hey guys, as an aurisonics fan, i'm looking into the rockets as this year's big audio purchase. I'm looking for a slightly more carefree portable use option to my ASG-2s, as despite my best efforts i just have too much anxiety carrying my ASG-2s around regularly. They're more my desk, lossless dac/amp setup kind of listening experience.

are there any new revisions coming, or a successive model to the rockets in the remotely near future that i should be aware of?

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #3,005 of 3,454
Hey guys, as an aurisonics fan, i'm looking into the rockets as this year's big audio purchase. I'm looking for a slightly more carefree portable use option to my ASG-2s, as despite my best efforts i just have too much anxiety carrying my ASG-2s around regularly. They're more my desk, lossless dac/amp setup kind of listening experience.

are there any new revisions coming, or a successive model to the rockets in the remotely near future that i should be aware of?

Not that I know of, but AS is set to release their new line of Bravo IEMs (Solo, Kicker, Eva, Harmony) fairly soon so keep that in mind as well.

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #3,006 of 3,454
Not that I know of, but AS is set to release their new line of Bravo IEMs (Solo, Kicker, Eva, Harmony) fairly soon so keep that in mind as well.

I can speak from experience at the Head-Fi Meet Up in NY in May, the new Bravo IEMs are fantastic. As an owner of the AS-2's AS-1's and Rockets, I instantly wanted to hand Dale money and take home the Harmony, and the others were quite enjoyable as well but didnt fancy my preferences as much as the Harmony did at the time. 

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #3,008 of 3,454
How would you describe the Harmony's sound signature?

I only spent a few minutes with it. I do not want to say too much as it wouldnt be a fair assessment. I can say that I listened to "Lean On" by Major Lazer from my RWAK100 at the time and I had never heard some of the depth and soul to MO's voice from that song as I had then. That's what got me so excited about them. The treble was quite different than any other Aurisonics product I had heard. I believe they added that song to their playlist of demo songs for the booth after that. It blew me away.

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #3,009 of 3,454
  I can speak from experience at the Head-Fi Meet Up in NY in May, the new Bravo IEMs are fantastic. As an owner of the AS-2's AS-1's and Rockets, I instantly wanted to hand Dale money and take home the Harmony, and the others were quite enjoyable as well but didnt fancy my preferences as much as the Harmony did at the time. 

Are they a replacement product line for the current set up (rockets, ASG1, 2.5 ect)?  any idea as far as the price range they're going to be in?

I'm not really looking to replace my ASG-2. More that I haven't had new IEMs in a while, and i want something a little more high-end for every day carrying around use.  I'm trying to decide whether ishould give the rockets a try at $250.

I didn't realize how recently they actually became available for purchase. I had seen the kickstarter a long time ago, but wasn't in the market for another $150+ iem at the time.

I wish there was a way to audition them first, i doubt there are any bay area shops that stock them. to be honest, I don't mind the mention of tame-ish treble as i have very treble sensitive ears, although the bass-light mentions do worry me a little. I have a pair of ER4-P that I enjoy, but find bass-light on occasion and i'm looking for something distinctly bassier than them, although they need not be the bass-monsters my ASG-2 are. It may be worth mentioning that i keep my ASG-2 vent at midway between closed and the first mark.

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #3,010 of 3,454

Are they a replacement product line for the current set up (rockets, ASG1, 2.5 ect)?  any idea as far as the price range they're going to be in?

I'm not really looking to replace my ASG-2. More that I haven't had new IEMs in a while, and i want something a little more high-end for every day carrying around use.  I'm trying to decide whether ishould give the rockets a try at $250.

I didn't realize how recently they actually became available for purchase. I had seen the kickstarter a long time ago, but wasn't in the market for another $150+ iem at the time.

I wish there was a way to audition them first, i doubt there are any bay area shops that stock them. to be honest, I don't mind the mention of tame-ish treble as i have very treble sensitive ears, although the bass-light mentions do worry me a little. I have a pair of ER4-P that I enjoy, but find bass-light on occasion and i'm looking for something distinctly bassier than them, although they need not be the bass-monsters my ASG-2 are.

Replacement? I dont think so. In talking to Dale at the event, i asked a similar question.The Bravo series sorta sounded like a way to bring the Aurisonics name to more people with many options >$500 and with lots of variety to the sound signature that would have something appealing to everyones styles. If you thought that the Aurisonics brand was a bit one sided before the Rockets, then these new IEMs show you the depth of knowledge and expertise they picked up over the last few years and what they are capable of doing while keeping the price point right for consumers.

Do I love my CIEMs, yes, but when you hear the bravo series its a refreshing splash of everything you know and love from Aurisonics with a fresh spin on the signature coming from each of them. 

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #3,011 of 3,454
So the line is going to likely be entirely premium priced (>$300).

I guess the upcoming release doesn't really affect me, as i'm not really planning on spending that much in the near future in any case.

I'm really only looking at the rockets at $250 due to their durability, but more so for brand loyalty.  I'm just not sure whether the sound is going to be a good fit for me, i'm okay with the potential cable noise, and other potential issues - which all seem fair tradeoff for durability. It's the microdriver sound i'm concerned about.

I was initially looking at a whole bunch of IEMs in the $50-60 range.

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #3,012 of 3,454
  So the line is going to likely be entirely premium priced (>$300).

I guess the upcoming release doesn't really affect me, as i'm not really planning on spending that much in the near future in any case.

I'm really only looking at the rockets at $250 due to their durability, but more so for brand loyalty.  I'm just not sure whether the sound is going to be a good fit for me, i'm okay with the potential cable noise, and other potential issues - which all seem fair tradeoff for durability. It's the microdriver sound i'm concerned about.

I was initially looking at a whole bunch of IEMs in the $50-60 range.

I am not 100% certain, but I think one was priced at $150 or $200 or maybe it was $250.  The product line is definitely all at or under $500.

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #3,014 of 3,454
Can anyone compare the rockets to the ASG-2 and ER4P regarding the sound of the headphone?

Not necessarily the quality so much as the profile. Specifically is the bass impact and depth closer to the ASG-2 With the vents closed or the ER4P?

Thanks in advance. I'm less eager to just take the jump at $250, as it seems the resale price is closer to the kickstarter price than it is retail.

Jun 20, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #3,015 of 3,454
  Can anyone compare the rockets to the ASG-2 and ER4P regarding the sound of the headphone?

Not necessarily the quality so much as the profile. Specifically is the bass impact and depth closer to the ASG-2 With the vents closed or the ER4P?

Thanks in advance. I'm less eager to just take the jump at $250, as it seems the resale price is closer to the kickstarter price than it is retail.

Search the thread for Gnarlsagan's review. He compared it to the ER-4. I believe Eke compared the Rockets to the ASG-2. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back