Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
May 21, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #2,971 of 3,454
I see scattered thoughts on tips throughout the thread, but is there any consensus on which tips compliment the Rockets best? I was using the comply and the fit is great obviously and the bass improves but the sound gets a little soft with the foam. Will the JVC spiral dots also bring out the bass but retain detail? Any other suggestions?

May 21, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,972 of 3,454
I see scattered thoughts tips throughout the thread, but is there any consensus on which tips compliment the Rockets best? I was using the comply and the fit is great obviously and the bass improves but the sound gets a little soft with the foam. Will the JVC spiral dots also bring out the bass but retain detail? Any other suggestions?

Just wondering, did you use the wax guard edition or the normal one?

May 21, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #2,973 of 3,454
  I see scattered thoughts tips throughout the thread, but is there any consensus on which tips compliment the Rockets best? I was using the comply and the fit is great obviously and the bass improves but the sound gets a little soft with the foam. Will the JVC spiral dots also bring out the bass but retain detail? Any other suggestions?

+1

May 24, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #2,977 of 3,454
Gonna browse a few pages for what people use as the tips. So far seems to be the comply and these spiral dot tips.

For the past few weeks its been really tough to get these damn tips to fit and the right ear actually won't even allow the tip to stay on at all. Will try the complys (non waxguard) or the spiral dots.

Did some googling, seems the FX850 comes with both silicone and memory foam. Which is the one everyone is craving?

May just end up selling these and buying the JVCs.

May 27, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #2,978 of 3,454
I've tried the sure seal tips, jvc spiral dots, fit eat double flanges and spin fits, and I actually ended up preferring the fit ears the most. Best isolation, stayed in my ears the best, and sounds like the spiral dots (which I feel was a significant upgrade). Spin fits are nice when you get a good seal, best bass, but I had a much harder time getting a consistent seal that them than with the spin fits. So I'm using the double flanges pretty much full time now.

Jun 1, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #2,979 of 3,454
e826e1437062d64b21205c668ae03aae.jpg

Comply with the tips cut off works we.

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #2,981 of 3,454
I stuck with these over the shure 846. I'm still here fellas. The shure's get a bit uncomfortable after prolonged use. The bass heavy sound also isn't as soothing as what I've grown accustomed to with the Rockets. What are upgrades to the Rockets in sound quality? I am not looking to leave the nest, just want an idea of the earphones out there that expand on the great sound coming from these gems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back